Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stupid Korg SV Question- Mod

I am planning on picking up the sv2. Maybe an sv1. Anyone mod or know how to get a mod to get a flat top on this to rest my legend solo on? I really wish it could've come with a flat top

I haven't seen anything but it'd be awesome for me.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take out the round locking nut on the back of the 18880 (the one that locks the 18881 into place), the 18881 will fall to its lowest position. You really only need the locking nut if you want to use it somewhere other than its lowest position. Otherwise, gravity is all you need. You can also flip the 188881 backwards, resting the front of the top keyboard on the top of the SV1, that's what you see in the photo with the Nord. The best way to do it varies with the particular board. You can also modify the 18881 to let it fall even lower, but the SV1 is high enough, I don't think that should be necessary,

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

So maybe the sv2 is significantly higher than the Nord I have and that's what I'm missing?

Yes, that's probably it. Nords (non-hammer) are among the flatter keyboards; SV1/2 with its vertical control panel (and hammer action) would be a noticeably higher one. Obviously, you can check their sites to get the exact dimensions.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Seeing this, and going all Korg : I can see a Korg SV2S 88 on the bottom, and a Vox Continental 61 on top. Retro all the way !

A long time ago, in a musical galaxy far, far away...

Eminent-Solina B412, Yamaha DX21, Yamaha V50, Yamaha U1

21st century...

Kawai CA58, Korg Liano, Arturia Minilab 3, Arturia Minilab MkII, Arturia Minifreak

I am planning on picking up the sv2. Maybe an sv1. Anyone mod or know how to get a mod to get a flat top on this to rest my legend solo on? I really wish it could've come with a flat top

Here's a picture of my recent setup. SV-1 on bottom and Nord Stage on top. I'm using an old X-stand with the upper tier horizontal bars removed. I installed a baby safety bumper list on top of the SV-1 to prevent it from getting scratched.

Korg-Nord.png

I actually just purchased a K&M 18880 so I'm also working on figuring out build my setup using it :-)

I actually just purchased a K&M 18880 so I'm also working on figuring out build my setup using it :-)

Awesome!

Here's a picture of my recent setup. SV-1 on bottom and Nord Stage on top. I'm using an old X-stand with the upper tier horizontal bars removed. I installed a baby safety bumper list on top of the SV-1 to prevent it from getting scratched.

Korg-Nord.png

What's holding the Nord in place? It's not just leaning on the Korg and a couple of poles, Right?

What's holding the Nord in place? It's not just leaning on the Korg and a couple of poles, Right?

it is just leaning on the Korg and poles but I installed a cushion on top of the Korg and the rubber feet of the Nord rest on the cushion. I haven't had any stability issues with it. See the picture, it's actually a baby safety cushion. You can find it in Amazon under name "M2cbridge Multifunctional Edge and Corner guard" for $10. But, a word of caution!! The cushion is a PITA to take off. You may want to use double sided tape that leaves no residue just in case you want to remove the cushion. I'm speaking from experience ð¬

Korg-cushion.jpg