Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Five Selfish Gear Wishes for NAMM

These are my insane dreams for "Molenda Gear" in 2020. I realize no one will listen, but it was fun to muse over the stuff I want this yearâeven if I will never see it.

https://guardiansofguitar.com/2020/01/06/five-selfish-things-i-want-from-namm-2020/

Why not add YOUR dream gear to the fantasy? Please post what you'd love to see manufactured this year, and be as selfish as you desire!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you luck on that "Molenda Model", but I will venture that less deserving souls have already had signature models made, so . . .

I'd really like to see someone make an affordable Volume/Pan Pedal again. I still use an Ibanez VL-10 from the 90's. I know EB was making one at one point, but haven't seen that option in a while.

Real Mahogany in import Guitars. Epiphone is a chief offender here, but they're not alone. I'm tired of companies passing off woods that are no way botanically related to Mahogany, because some furniture maker is already using them and calling them Mahogany. Not dream gear, just truth in advertising.

A reissue of the Roland AG-5 Funny Cat. It was a weird combo effect, Envelope Follower and Distortion in one pedal. I got one at Manny's in NYC, back in '73 or '74. Have never been able to quite reproduce that Envelope effect with anything since. The Distortion wasn't bad, either.

I know it's not going to happen, but how about a reissue of Digitech's notorious Space Station? Sure, we've heard that they can't get the original parts anymore, but are you really going to tell me that there's no way to model some of those sounds with new parts and new tech? Is Uli Behringer listening, by chance?

Finally, not so much a product, but a two-edged issue that the NAMM folks, and all of us, should be looking at; how to keep old gear from becoming toxic trash, and how to continue to produce new gear, without a massive carbon footprint, and the associated environmental costs? Anyone here willing to give up real wood, because it's no longer sustainable, nor justifiable? How many solar-powered Sound & Light companies on the road right now? How many tour buses? It's easy t say that the Oil Industry, the Coal Industry, the Automotive Industry is to blame, but at some point, we have to own the fact that Music, as an industry and as an art form, also has an impact and carries a cost.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

A guitar with hex outputs over USB or Ethernet, so the signals don't have to be multiplexed over a standard stereo cable, can plug right into a computer, and you don't have to use the Roland cable.

Processing on each string can be a thing of beauty, and IMHO, is far more musical than MIDI guitar. Remember the GR-300? No tracking, no glitches, no false notes.

• 2 weeks later...
My wish came true at the 2019 Namm show. You can read about it and listen to it on my Tone Master Fender Deluxe Reverb thread. I'm going to check one out for myself soon. If anyone can make an SS amp sound like a Fender tube amp, it would be Fender. 1). Cutting the weight down to just over 20lbs 2). sounding as good as the original 3). putting out 22 tube watts 4). XLR direct out 5). 12" Neodymium speaker...there are more, but 5 wishes will do LOL! :cool:
Take care, Larryz