Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nektar GXP88 - semiweight controller

32432_600.jpg

' At the core of GXP88 is a newly designed and carefully balanced keyboard action. Its 88 semi-weighted full-size keys with velocity and aftertouch deliver a nice, firm touch and great playability. The GXP88 gives keyboard players all the right expression options needed for live and studio work, featuring pitch bend & modulation wheels, an expression pedal socket and a ¼' TRS jack for connection of 2 footswitch pedals. The rear panel also includes a 5-pin MIDI out jack and an external power supply socket for powering the unit when not connected via USB.

The streamlined no-fuss control panel is based on the successful Nektar Impact GX-series, enabling advanced DAW integration with extended transport control, track selection and volume control as well as options to open/close DAW windows and navigate songs. In addition, GXP88"s user interface also has 14 assignable illuminated RGB buttons for direct MIDI program- and

bank-selection.

The new Key Repeat engine adds an intuitive real-time tool for creating inspiring rhythmic elements. Repeat is directly controllable from GXP"s illuminated RGB buttons: Once the Repeat mode is engaged, the buttons allow for direct selection of Repeat Rates, Accent, Interval, Swing and routing aftertouch or modulation to velocity. When Repeat is active, the second encoder turns into a dedicated tempo control, unless synchronization is set to external MIDI clock.

In combination with Nektarine, Impact GXP88 gets powerful master keyboard functionality: Up to 16 VST or AU instrument-plugins can be loaded into Nektarine"s 16 slots for simultaneous use. GXP88 brings instant patch recall to hybrid or software-based keyboard setups with direct patch control from GXP88"s RBG patch buttons and the ability to define keyboard zones, layers and splits for all hosted plugins. All plugin settings and combinations can be saved in a single Multi-patch for recall at the touch of a button. Nektarine can run as VST, AU or AAX plugin in any compatible DAW or be used as stand-alone application.

GXP88 works with any MIDI software on OSX, Windows and iOS and can also be used as a standard MIDI controller for external MIDI gear right out of the box.'

$299

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this at the show? It's not on their web site. One might think that releasing a new product like this would have people going to their site to find out more information.

Looks cool and addresses the main shortcoming of the Keylab I had (expression pedal jack). Now, someone make something like this with built-in APs, EPs etc. that rival good plugins and I'm there.

GXP88"s user interface also has 14 assignable illuminated RGB buttons for direct MIDI program- and bank-selection.

Hallelujah!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

The need for 5-pin MIDI in on a board with no sounds wouldn't be too likely. But yeah, some more real-time controls would have been outstanding. You can't get everything. The Numa Compact 2X lacks the patch select buttons, you have to use the scroll knob. :-(

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Looks cool and addresses the main shortcoming of the Keylab I had (expression pedal jack). .

You do know starting with Keylab2 (not MK2) they had Expression as well as 2 more jacks for sustain and assignable. (all assignable of course)

Then the MK2 adds even more. :)

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

The need for 5-pin MIDI in on a board with no sounds wouldn't be too likely. :-(

Of course you're right :D but what I was really getting at was I could connect my Bluetooth adaptor to it. I guess I could have just asked for Bluetooth connectivity. But then someone would post about latency.

Here for the gear.

The need for 5-pin MIDI in on a board with no sounds wouldn't be too likely.

But it"s helpful if you want to insert it into the middle of a MIDI stream instead of always at the front.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Looks cool and addresses the main shortcoming of the Keylab I had (expression pedal jack). .

You do know starting with Keylab2 (not MK2) they had Expression as well as 2 more jacks for sustain and assignable. (all assignable of course)

Yea, I was referring to the new budget Keylab we were discussing in that other thread, sorry.

The ones you mention all look like nice boards, never saw any in the flesh though.

Yea, I was referring to the new budget Keylab we were discussing in that other thread, sorry.

The ones you mention all look like nice boards, never saw any in the flesh though.

Got it...

Side notes (sorry not to got so off track on this thread)

Having been a regular Keylab User, I am not fond of the Essential. When they first came out with it, and hadn't yet announced the MK2, I thought the Essential was replacing the regular and was going to be a HUGE step backwards (as a performance/gig board). But then MK2 was announced, and all was right with the world. :)

My Keylab61 Black Edition, and KeylabMK2 61 Black Edition are solid board. metal chassis, and just work.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Are sliders really that expense to put on something like this?

I don't know, but besides the sliders, there needs to also be some mechanism to configure them. At any rate, I'd rather it were $100 more and had a bunch of definable sliders, buttons, and encoders.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I am thinking to get a 88 keys midi controller for my son"s birthday ð

Should I get nextar impact lx88+ or nektar impact gxp88?

Anyone knows if the above really have full sized keys as I heard each key is of full width but shorter ð

Hope to get your input soon, Tqvm ð

Can you share with us what he likes to use the keyboard for?

Does he like making his own music on the computer?

Or is he trying to learn to play the 'piano'?

If you can share more about the music he likes and likes to make.

Thanks!

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560