Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Corner on an Iphone X

Somehow one of the latest IOS upgrades to my iPhone X has rendered reading Keyboard Corner completely useless. I'm no longer able to turn my phone sideways to view the posts, and viewing a post in portrait mode is just totally impractical as it requires you to manually scroll on each line of text side to side.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a fix?

TIA,

Heartbeat

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try going into your iPhone settings and turning off Portrait Lock. In Control Center it"s represented by a lock icon with a circle arrow around it. This should allow you to use the 'turn phone landscape / sideways' again. On my iPhone 8+, disabling this feature does it for me.

I have iPhone X too and the same problem. Switching the phone to landscape helps but how is it that it paginates correctly in the landscape mode but on in the 'usual' mode? Is this only an issue with iPhone X? By the way, it's the same problem with Safari and Chrome in the iPhone X. All other forums seem to paginate correctly, for example Nord User forum and Gearslutz.

I suspect the width of the "Keyboard Corner" header graphic is forcing the table width to be wider than it was once upon a time. This is why the posts are no longer readable in portrait mode. Just a guess, as I'm certainly not a leading-edge web designer. I used to read KC on a much smaller screen iPhone 5 a few years ago with no problem.

Cheers.

Yep, I"m aware of it too on my iPhone 8. What solves it for me is giving the screen a quick almost imperceptible pinch - snaps it right into place.

We probably need an app. Once some more $$ start flowing, I"ll see if that makes sense. I can also try the stacked MPN graphic and see if that helps...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so this is on a OnePlus 7 Pro - a 6.7" display Android 10 phone that behaves a lot like Samsung Galaxies and Notes.

Home page is slightly oversized, but for the first time on this phone I can read thread titles and relevant info without scrolling sideways. Pinching brings everything onto the screen, but is really not necessary.

The Keyboard Corner banner may be the culprit. Drawbars and keybed are on screen, but synth modules aren't until executing the pinch maneuver.

The threads themselves are perfect! No tweaking on my part needed.

I've reported to Jim that I see correctly scaled message pages, while the main page is still unruly.

Any possibility it"s the older browser you"re using? :idk:

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

dB

Absolutely it could be. I haven't really heard from anybody else yet. The big thing is that the threads are now perfectly readable on mobile for the first time.

Moe

---

Oooh, I just gave this a quick look and so far so good. I'll give it more time later, but if this is now working right, :keynana:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI