Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R.I.P. David Olney

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP David Olney.

I have one thing to say about this death (I am 77 years old as many of you know). & I have watched a lot of people die. Some who took Chemo and suffered for five long years, some who came down with Parkinson's (That one was not pretty) Heart attacks, cancers, Alzheimer's, and I have one thing to say about this death; What a lucky guy he was to pass on while doing something he loved, no years of suffering, no big long lasting pains, man that was a good death In my humble opinion, a fast unexpected and super fast death is the best kind. I am bumping up against my own mortality at 77 years. I have contemplated the ways possible to croak, and I believe a slow suffering death is the worst. I have had friends mention the following to me at times. "Did you hear about so and so he just dropped dead in the street isn't that awful". And my answer is always "man he (or she) was lucky". And most of the seniors in my retirement community, after watching their friends die with suffering, agree with me. When I gotta go I hope it is unexpected, swift, and final. I have a do not resuscitate form filled out in my wallet along with a living will.

I ain't afraid to die, I just don't wanna suffer to get there. David Olney was one lucky human.

I didn't know who he was, but that's the way to go, doing what you love.

I was thinking that, too. Supposedly, his last words were, 'I"m sorry.'

...apologizing to his audience because he felt himself slipping away? Classy & humble. I have no doubt he"ll be missed.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/