Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb [Re: Larryz] #3026957 01/31/20 10:17 PM
KuruPrionz Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
Originally Posted by Larryz
OK, a couple of little design flaws to point out having to do with the cabinet. Nothing to really worry about though:

1. When plugging in the elbow foot switch cord, the cabinet can get in the way. If you are not using the xlr-out, you can angle the elbow jack in front and block it. When using the xlr-out you can angle the elbow jack to the other side in a little corner space. Or, you can buy a new 1/4'' cord with a straight end or solder one on. No biggie as it works fine as is. Fender could also have cut the cabinet and left a little space so the cord would plug in easier and hang down.

2. back to the xlr out. It works fine plugging in the mic cord. The problem is unplugging it LOL! The release lock is very close to the top of the cabinet and it's hard to get a finger or thumb in there to push the release so you can pull it out easily. Fender could have turned the output upside down or to one side so that the release could be easily worked. If your FOH sound guys have fat thumbs, they will complain LOL! No big deal as skinny thumbs with a little sideways practice does the trick. You could also push on it with a stick or the flat side of a needle nose...

3. There is a hard to find USB Port plug under the chassis...if you didn't have a manual, you would never know it's there or where to look. Once you locate it, you could mark the location it by using a black marker pen...

That's it for complaints (and I'm really not complaining).

The xlr power adjustment and the 3 mic settings all are working fine. I don't hear a lot of difference on my little test using my amp/pa but on a big system or when recording, those with better ears probably will. Even though the mute switch is on for the amp speaker and the mic setting is on off, the cord is still live so you will want to shut off the amp before disconnecting from a live PA or have the soundman mute your channel. I have no buzz with my equipment all hooked up, so I could not tell if the ground lift was doing anything, but I suspect it will work fine if a buzz problem should come up some day.

Anyway, that's my update... cool

Always good to hear the real world downside, thanks Larryz!!! I have fat thumbs so I might find that difficult with the XLR.

I LOVE being able to run direct AND sound good!!!! Both my Katana and my Envoy do it. I have a Whirlwind IMP2 di box that I use, one of the clubs we play has a wall mounted concealed "snake" back to the sound board and it is XLR inputs only so I have to use it there. I have a feeling (have not tested this( that the transformer in the passive DI is smoothing the tone a bit. Someday I'll A/B the line out into something clear and real like my Fishman Loudbox Performer and find out. Cheers, Kuru

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
GP Island
Re: Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb [Re: Larryz] #3027025 02/01/20 04:07 AM
Larryz Offline OP
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
@ Kuru, it definitely sounds good coming out of the xlr, with or without turning the speaker off. thu

Take care, Larryz
Re: Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb [Re: Larryz] #3027055 02/01/20 07:53 AM
KuruPrionz Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
Originally Posted by Larryz
@ Kuru, it definitely sounds good coming out of the xlr, with or without turning the speaker off. thu

I love that. You don't need a mic or stand and it isn't going to get moved by accident and start sounding weird.
Zero bleed too, the fewer mics you can have on stage the better it will sound, especially the low frequencies.

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
Re: Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb [Re: Larryz] #3027099 02/01/20 03:53 PM
Larryz Offline OP
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
Sound advice Kuru! yeahthat

Take care, Larryz
Page 2 of 2 1 2