Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Not gigging January and February and I�m not missing it

CEB

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never liked live performance in clubs, but when I did that, it was always after my day job which paid more in half a day than what we were getting for both Friday and Saturday nights in the local clubs. After a hard day laying brick all day, it was just tiresome, and felt like a "JOB".

The last two years I"ve declined physically. The people I play for can tell and are providing a roadie but just being on my feet with this neuropathy is getting hard. I"m down to my last child in college. She graduates in 2022. I can see the finish line. I"m surprised I get calls at my age but I guess keyboardist are hard to find. All my co workers are my kid"s age.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

@CEB - My sympathies and regrets, brother. One of my close friends in the local EM scene suffers from diabetic neuropathy, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I'm a type 2 CEB and so far I have dodged the neuropathy bullet. I just turned 70 and stopped gigging long ago for the most part due to the handling of equipment, low pay, band issues, etc. I still do an open mic now and then. It's tough to get old but we make the best of it. Guitar players are a dime a dozen and since I'm not up there with the pros and studio players, I also played keyboards for awhile. +1 I had a lot more jobs back when I played keys as keyboard players are harder to come by.

I haven't played keys for a long time now and have spent my time on the guitar as my 1st love for many years and don't miss the keys. I still have an 88 key Kurzweil stage piano that I intend to bring out again some day if my guitar fingers give out on me.

Anyway, size down, get a nice chair, enjoy those roadies, and keep at it as long as you can with those young'uns! If it's still fun, do it! I never regretted the time on stage and found it rewarding. Wishing you all the best with the Beaties issues! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

I know what you mean CEB. It started getting to me last year. Not a physical thing so much but, the accumulated life bs just got me down.

I`m still performing but, the solo acoustic thing-it`s okay but I never wanted it to be the ONLY thing. I just didn`t feel motivated.

I still don`t. I would love to get back to the studio. I have a song that got off the a great start last year. Then the issues happened.

But I don`t know when I`ll be at an open mic again. Not for a few months at least.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I feel you, CEB... turns out I have flat feet and never knew it, I have Morton's Toe, where the second toe is longer than the big toe which throws my entire body a little mechanically off and causes problems on up the legs and back as a lifetime progresses, and then I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis, a condition where the muscle than runs from the top of your skull to down under both your feet contracts and suffers micro-tears at your heel. The combination of the 3 have been very painful this last couple of years and the Plantar Fasciitis is aggravated by time spent riding in a car or van to gigs and back... and of course when walking is a pain and running has become impossible I tend to gain weight, which makes all of it worse. I just ignore it through the gigs and then limp around offstage afterwards... my wife keeps telling me that I'm not old enough to be hobbled when we take trips and I can't stand for longer than a few minutes, but she has no idea how painful this is...