Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mick Adams And The Stones.

I went to see a Rolling Stones Tribute band last night, called Mick Adams and The Stones and man were they great, The rocked me like no one has in a long long time. They played all the hits and did some interesting stuff, but mostly they were spot on playing it note for note like the original Stones did it.

Mick was a real good showman, acting like Jagger did mostly, plus he had lots of humorous banter back and forth with the audience. What a rhythm section that band has. I never did see the Rolling Stones Live, but this band made up for that, and only 20 bucks each to get in. Small room with only 250 guests. He saw me pull out my smart phone and stopped there on purpose and posed while he Sang Sympathy For The Devil to give me a shot at taking a picture up above, this picture was taken just as he turned to run up to the stage to finish the song. A good time was had by all. Mick Adams actually found out I posted a review on Talk Music click on the link below to see his responses to me. He was running around the room and saw me take out my cell phone for a shot, and he was generous enough to pose a bit.

Read more: http://talk-music.proboards.com/thread/5086/mick-adams-stones?page=1#ixzz6BKKejjf7

473.thumb.jpg.06562dfa1dbed00a63834f84ddb2615b.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the guitarist use a 5 string tuned to G, like Keef?

Pet peeve of mine, I hear a cover band trying to do a Stones song with a 6 string in standard tuning and it just can't and won't sound like Mr. Richards.

LOVE the Stones, glad you had fun!! I've never seen them either. My brother and I almost hitchhiked from Fresno to Altamount. I don't remember why we changed our minds.

Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Pet peeve of mine, I hear a cover band trying to do a Stones song with a 6 string in standard tuning and it just can't and won't sound like Mr. Richards.

LOVE the Stones, glad you had fun!! I've never seen them either. My brother and I almost hitchhiked from Fresno to Altamount. I don't remember why we changed our minds.

Cheers, Kuru

I was not close enough to see that at all. I was in the back of the room. He did use Fender guitars, and they hummed a bunch. Must have been single coils. His stuff sounded good enough for me. But the effect of the whole band made it enough like the Rolling Stones to please the heck outta me. The rhythm section was superb..

I've always have a lot of love for the Stones from my early rock and roll days circa '64...Glad you had a good time DBM! :thu:

It was a fun concert. Larryz The Real Stones were here last summer but I never go into town, so I was never interested in going to see them. I stay outside of the Phoenix area and only attend tribute concerts nearby in retirement communities. We have one more booked this season, an Eagles tribute April 8th in our own community ballroom.

I'm with you DBM when it comes to fighting the big city and crowds. Luckily we have a very nice smaller venue theater close by and get some great acts coming to town. A few months ago the wife and I saw a Beatles tribute band called Rain, and they put on a great show. Just a week ago we celebrated our birthdays by seeing Los Lobos. The real bands also come to the same venue and it's a lot of fun seeing them as well... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

@Larryz we are thinking about a trip up to Northern Ca this summer, This time I will bring my guitar, pedal board, amp, and an axe. And time permitting I will come down for a jam and performance. It is quite a drive from Clear Lake Area, But I was sorry I could not make it the last two times (once flew up so no gear, and once I was visiting with my granddaughter who lives in the bay area.)

Cheers, Kuru

When I've done shows of Stones records or tributes I tune my Tele 72 Custom to Blues G (but leave the 6th string on and just don't play it)... I also play an acoustic through an overdrive pedal and electric amp for "Street Fighting Man" and use open-tuned acoustics for the slide part on "No Reservations" so I usually have a ton of guitars and people question "will the audience really know the difference or care?" I'm going to keep your post here bookmarked in my phone and show it to the next person who says that...

Though i guess now that I have a Variax I could do the entire show with just that,,,

@Larryz we are thinking about a trip up to Northern Ca this summer, This time I will bring my guitar, pedal board, amp, and an axe. And time permitting I will come down for a jam and performance. It is quite a drive from Clear Lake Area, But I was sorry I could not make it the last two times (once flew up so no gear, and once I was visiting with my granddaughter who lives in the bay area.)

You'll probably be performing for just me and the wife and I'll be looking forward to it. We'll make plans a little later in the year when it gets closer to your summer trip. I'm about 45 minutes from Sacramento coming off of I-5. You might consider coming to my place on the way up, spend the night, then head up to Clear Lake the next morning. A lot easier than going to CL then back to my place and back to CL. Or catch us on the way home... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

You'll probably be performing for just me and the wife and I'll be looking forward to it. We'll make plans a little later in the year when it gets closer to your summer trip. I'm about 45 minutes from Sacramento coming off of I-5. You might consider coming to my place on the way up, spend the night, then head up to Clear Lake the next morning. A lot easier than going to CL then back to my place and back to CL. Or catch us on the way home... :cool:

Good idea on hitting your place on the way up. We shall see and plan accordingly later on in the season.