Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Modern Upright

Been sitting on this news a while, but it is officially released today.

VILabs Modern Upright. Very cool. Like Ravenscroft for upright piano. Lots of flexibility, good presets, mike choices etc. Check it out.

httVILabs/Modern Upright

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They picked a good model to sample (I can't listen at work, but at least can read the description). So far, the only really good one I have had for the U3 is XLN Audio's, but I sold that as part of a package deal incentive on my full XLN suite, and only Pianoteq's Upright seemed to get close to the Yamaha U-series (most other vendors sample other uprights entirely).

I just recently bought the Boesendorfer Upright from VSL, which is fantastic but is in a league of its own as it's more of an Upright Grand and even beyond that in some ways, so doesn't really fill the role of a Yamaha U3 or U4. I can't check my notes from the office, but I'm pretty sure this new one from VI Labs is quite likely to be the most detailed and accurate U3 now available.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

It's very well done; probably the best U3 or U4 on the market at this point.

I won't personally be buying it, as I have just about eliminated Yamaha piano sounds from my templates across-the-board, having found that I am now able to work with lesser-known brands even in genres where I previously felt I needed a Yamaha to cut through the mix. But if I change my mind and decide I need a U3/U4 sound after all, this will be the one to go for at this point.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I don't recall any upright samples that were so clean and perfectly tuned. They sound amazing and I would bet inspire a certain style change verses a grand!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

SN, that"s a sweet demo. What controller are you using?

These days I'm using a Casio S3000 for most sessions, but I knocked that out at home on an old CME UF80

I liked the uptempo boogie by JT Thomas. I don't know him, but I want to hear more. He's sure got that Pete Johnson thing going!

SN, that"s a sweet demo. What controller are you using?

These days I'm using a Casio S3000 for most sessions, but I knocked that out at home on an old CME UF80

I liked the uptempo boogie by JT Thomas. I don't know him, but I want to hear more. He's sure got that Pete Johnson thing going!

I really liked your demo as well. Yes, what JT was playing does remind one of Pete Johnson. Only because I was recent listening, it reminded me of Johan Blohm (the refreshments)

Anyway, great stuff from VI.

I, too, am now using my S3000 in my rig. Controlling Keyscape and PianoTeq.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage