Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

We're here!

Dave Bryce

Being in Anaheim, California in January if you're a musician, audio engineer or gear enthusiast frequently means finding yourself at the Winter NAMM Show. More than a few MPN members - myself included - attend the show on a regular basis, others do so whenever they can.

The week of NAMM is currently upon us...so we've opened up a temporary forum (which we'll archive after the show) for those who are at the show to share their experiences.

So...if you're there, tell us - what did you see? What did you think? How did it sound? Who did you run into? :idk:

:popcorn:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just got back to my hotel from the hang and it's early in the morning but here are a few rememberings.Got to meet Dr. Mike at the Moog Foundation booth. What a pleasure that was. Talked to brother Matt from Rosewell Pro Audio at legnth. Wasn't able to do that at AES a few months ago. Always great hanging out with the Cloud Microphone people. The Casio booth was very large and well staffed. Lots of modular synth stuff from companies I am not familiar with. Rooms full of acoustic pianos. Who is buying them? Roland booth seemed focused on V Drums. Talked at length with Elvio Privatti. He seems very excited about the future of the Viscount product line. Played the Arp 2600 at the Korg booth. I won't be buying one, not something I need or want. YMMV. I played the Korg SV2 with speakers, impossible to tell at a NAMM show if it could work for you on stage, but I liked it overall.
:nopity:

Day 2. Spent the morning with Mark and the afternoon with Joe. Joey D killing it at the Viscount booth. I am not feelng what JA feels about the new Wavestation from Korg. Wont be buying it. Spent some time with the DSI Pro 3. IMO very good bang for the buck, were I in need of a new synth this would be my #1 choice. The Casio Celvanio Grand Hybrid 2nd generation is dope. Stood next to Mike Martin yesterday watching Rachael Flowers playing it and was blown away by how good it sounded, Got to play one today and really liked it, despite my poor playing.

Was a blast meeting everyone from the forum at the dinner we had. Many new friends and a few old ones, too. Oh, and the gear was nice.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I had such a great time I'm only today getting back to posting on MPN. No, really, it had NOTHING to do with NAMMthrax, I swear. :sick:

I got out of the show exactly what I had set out to do, which was too meet and hang out with as many of you guys as I could. I'm still smiling about the great time I had.

Gear? Yeah, I saw a few things, I guess. :idk::D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

A few pics (courtesy of brother davedoerfler) from the Keyboard Corner NAMM dinner.

dB

Yup, I got everyone in those photos except for me. :laugh:

I caught brother davedoerfler later. :D

548.thumb.jpg.0e1e07f3c5ebd273cbe859c1eb4e035a.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

a few more photos

right to left, Dr. Mike, Craig Anderton (listening intently to dB sitting across the table from him), Tom Brislin, Mike Martin

J6Hbdc.jpg

team Casio enjoying cocktails after a successfull first day at NAMM

2nbxvO.jpg

lastly, courtesy of Ken Lee, the three Daves

nursers (Dave Hollowell), davedoerfler, and OB Dave

9fNJnD.jpg