Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

midistomp foot controller

Didn't see a thread about this yet, so I thought I'd start here...

Midistomp.com

This guy I know via a MainStage/worship musicians Facebook group has started producing his own 6-button midi foot controller. You can buy it 3 different ways... 1) pre-built, 2) as a DIY kit with all the parts and you assemble it IKEA-style or 3) just get the plans and acquire the parts yourself. There's also an option to add 1-2 expression pedal jacks.

I'm personally torn between getting something like this for my MainStage rig and putting together a pedalboard, or going with a simpler, used, manufactured version (currently eyeing a Line 6 FBV Express MKII). I've seen the other threads that everyone has posted with their pedalboards, but would be curious to hear if anyone uses the Line 6 that I'm looking at?

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Line 6 pedal you're looking at is solid, and completely programmable.

My guitarist has one and he let me play with it a bit in the studio to try it out with Mainstage. Works great.

I don't use it, since my setup is basic. I only use two foot controllers in my Mainstage Rig. Sustain, and Expression.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

I would rather have a unit to plug my existing pedals into

including momentary and variable and yes these already exist.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

I would rather have a unit to plug my existing pedals into

including momentary and variable and yes these already exist.

I'm aware foot controller units like this exist (if that's what you mean), but I think the majority are more expensive than this unless you pick up a used unit. Plus, you can plug in a 1/4" expression pedal with the option, unless you're referring to some other different type of "existing pedals"?

I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make? :confused:

MainStage; Hammond SK1-73; Roland XP-80, JV-90, JV-1080, JV-1010, AX-1; Korg microSAMPLER;

Boss DR-880; Beat Buddy; Neo Instruments Ventilator; TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay