Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

3 day counter to Behringer bomb drop...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for Behringer's OBXa clone. Father Time may get here sooner.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

They made some serious social media posts asking about how to approach a CS80 clone... so I very much hope thats what it is. Seems more likely its their Euro Rack module line which they teased in product form more recently in the Poly D and Euro Case videos.

Obviously Behringer's been pushing ahead on many fronts simultaneously, but it would be an interesting strategic move if they dropped their ARP 2600 immediately on the heels of Korg's ARP 2600.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Also they working on CS80....

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

The funny thing about their hype machine is:

That video up there is pretty definitely showing images of a 606 clone, but it really doesn't matter, because three weeks from now, we'll know about another four "bombshells" from Behringer.

The most interesting thing about it will be betting on by when your particular favourite reissue will be available.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Does it bother anyone else that he has said their Ub-xa won't have effects? I mean, the sound of of the Ob-xa we hear on records (and any synth for that matter) wasn't dry....I'd want it for live use and have no desire to put an outboard fx unit in my rig, so I'm selfishly hoping he'll change his mind (the Deepmind has fx after all).

You guys are gonna be SO surprised when it turns out to be a Steinway D clone.

:roll:

Though I would have bet on a Behringer Bosendorfer. :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

When I woke up this morning up popped a notification that it's a 606 - not inside info mind you, just Android thinking that I wanted to know based on my browsing last night.

Glad it wasn't a push, so it didn't wake me up. If it had been the UB-Xa I wouldn't have minded though.

That was the bomb? I would say it's more of a gentle thud.

ð yes increasingly gentler thuds from Behringer are to be expected, as they go from mainstream clones to boutiques. Everything after the mini moog clone is chasing a smaller market. They"ve saturated the mono synth market so they have to look at poly"s and modular. Depending on pricing, this could cause a lot of angst and change in the eurorack market. :idk:

I already knew those were coming. I saw pictures somewhere a couple of weeks ago, just loose modules stacked against one another--can't remember where--and I believe Uli himself had already said something about it...uh...last year, perhaps?

Still...cool.

When I was in Asheville at the Moog store this past weekend I gave the sales critters a rasher of shit about why they were neglecting such an obvious opportunity as to make Eurorack versions of their old modules. The guy I was talking to said he'd been lobbying for same for quite a while, but it wasn't up to him and the bigwigs weren't receptive to the idea. Now it's too late.

It'll all come down to price, I suppose, but I'm not seeing any info on that yet.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

$49 and $99 a module. :facepalm:

I guess there's a reason I'm not in manufacturing. I don't see how this is even remotely possible considering the number of switches, jacks, pots, faders etc. I know, China, but still...

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain