Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2019-2020, 100th Season Thread

Next week I'll be wearing my Packers jersey, and my wife will be wearing hew Seahawks jersey as we watch that game

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources: Eagles quarterback Josh McCown played with torn hamstring against Seahawks

Reportedly, it was torn completely off the bone. The Eagles may not have had their best quarterback on the field, but you'd be hard pressed to find a tougher one.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Hiring Ron Rivera as HC and Jack del Rio as DC, it looks like my Skins might get back to playing NFC East football.

I knew the Patriots wouldn't make it out of the wild card round especially if the Titans ran the ball which they did.

The Pats are going to keep Brady and Hoody for two (2) more years hoping they'll win one more ring.

Both Brady and Hoody wil retire in the same year leaving the team in the hands of Josh McDaniels.

This weekend, the Packers, Chiefs, Ravens and 49ers will win.:laugh:

The Super Bowl will come down to the Ravens vs Packers.

Of course, the Ravens will hoist the Lombardi trophy. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I was thinking that the Saints had the best chance among NFC teams to reach the Super Bowl, until the Vikings beat them.

Now I consider the 49ers the strongest NFC team.

I predict some playoff team is going to try to win by putting a physical beat-down on Lamar Jackson.

The 49ers almost did a good enough job hitting Jackson during week 13, losing only 20-17.

During the Ravens last 10 games (all wins), their 3 point margin over the 49ers was the only game during these 10 that was decided by less than 7 points.

Other playoff teams must be watching tapes of what the 49ers did, and trying to figure out how to do it better.

Maybe it will be the 49ers themselves who attempt this in the Super Bowl.

If so, the outcome may depend on how well the Ravens coaching staff can adapt their game plan when this happens.

Jackson's passing accuracy will make it difficult. I think he is the most accurate passer, of all the highly mobile quarterbacks I have ever seen play.

Did anyone else notice that CBS played a Rush song ("Tom Sawyer") when going to break after Tennessee's second touchdown?

What a great tribute from the music supervisor to the recent passing of Neil Peart! Extra points for choosing a part of the song that featured drumming.

I instantly went from cheering to being choked up.

Best,

Geoff

Did anyone else notice that CBS played a Rush song ("Tom Sawyer") when going to break after Tennessee's second touchdown?

What a great tribute from the music supervisor to the recent passing of Neil Peart! Extra points for choosing a part of the song that featured drumming.

I instantly went from cheering to being choked up.

Best,

Geoff

They also played a Rush song going to commercial break in the earlier game today as well. Not a coincidence, major props!

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Yeah, I didn't expect the Ravens to be so out of sync. They're still on bye week.:laugh:

Guess I'll modify my AFC prediction. Chiefs will go to the Super Bowl. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I was disappointed that the Vikings lost; but my day really turned around watching Tennessee win.

I'd bet meccajay is smiling now! The Titans are back!!! :cool::thu:

I love it when the underdog wins, but I love it even more when it"s an underdog I like.

First, Tennessee knocked off the defending champs; and now, they"ve trounced the number one seed! What"s next?

Derrick Henry looks unstoppable, and who would have thought Henry would pass for a touchdown tonight and Ryan Tannehill would rush for as many TDs as Lamar Jackson?

Jackson had a great year though. I'm sad to see it end this way again. I'm sure he'll have a great career.

Best,

Geoff

Other playoff teams must be watching tapes of what the 49ers did, and trying to figure out how to do it better.

or course they are, but most likely they don't have the talent to stop the Ravens.

*cough* *cough*

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

With a 10 game lead and five games left, Robert (aka "Ooo") has won this season's Pick 'em contest.

I'm not quite sure who Robert is. (Is it Rabid?) Regardless, congrats, Robert. Well played.

The rest of us are fighting for second place. That one could come down to the wire.

Best,

Geoff

or course they are, but most likely they don't have the talent to stop the Ravens.

*cough* *cough*

I know, right? It was more like the Ravens beat themselves, though. They were uncharacteristically undisiplined with 7 penalties, three turnovers,dropped passes, and then kicked field goals when they needed touchdowns

:nopity:

With a 10 game lead and five games left, Robert (aka "Ooo") has won this season's Pick 'em contest.

I'm not quite sure who Robert is. (Is it Rabid?) Regardless, congrats, Robert. Well played.

"Robert" is my friend Bob - he's a musician, but not a forum member. He was Kerryon Wayward etc/That's Headley in the KCFFL this year - didn't do so well there. :facepalm:

I love the playoffs. Today should be another cool day. :cool:

:w00t::yeahthat:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

So apparently the #49ers didn"t actually win Saturday and the Vikings have advanced to the NFC title game, per one Seattle news station.

"Whoever wins today [in the Seahawks-Packers game] will play the Minnesota Vikings next," anchor Hana Kim begins. "The question is where. Saturday, the Vikings beat the 49ers to get to the NFC Championship. The final score was 27-10."

To add to the comedy/alternate reality, the segment showed highlights from two different 49ers touchdown drives â an impossibility if the Niners indeed only scored 10 points.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I could have predicted that all this was going to happen.

OK, who will win the Superbowl?

I hope people here can appreciate my being tongue-in-cheek - especially the "I could have...".

As of 9 days ago, I thought the Saints and Ravens had the best chance of making it to the Super Bowl.

"Robert" is my friend Bob - he's a musician, but not a forum member. He was Kerryon Wayward etc/That's Headley in the KCFFL this year - didn't do so well there. :facepalm:

Thanks for clearing that up, Dave. Please congratulate Bob for me.

Best,

Geoff