Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Neal Peart has passed from this world.

[font:Century Gothic]Neal Peart has passed from this world.[/font] [LINK]

I am sorry for the loss his family, friends and loved ones are going through and what undoubtedly lead up to his passing. What a gargantuan milestone, what a titanic shadow he has cast...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people played Drums to keep a beat, others truly PLAYED the Drums; Neal Peart was one of the latter. There is more skill and technique displayed in the first minute or two of "Tom Sawyer" than in entire albums by mere human beatboxes. Rest in power, sir!

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Rush was a band I never cared about, they just didn't click with me. Then several years ago I watched the 3 hour Rush documentary on Netflix. Upon learning that Neil Peart, like me, had lost his wife & was deeply changed by the experience, I felt a profound sense of empathy & a deep connection, for we were both members of a club nobody wishes to be in. Loss does that to you, it makes you very emotionally responsive to the world around you. So, although I still don't 'know' their music, I salute my departed brother Neil Peart, somebody I shared loss & grief with, from a distance, but also up very close & real. RIP fellow traveler.
Scott Fraser