Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stay safe Miden.

While I am uncertain of his exact location I think Miden (Dennis) may live in area of south west New South Wales that is now listed as "evacuate now" in preparation for the nearby out of control fires, mid forties temperature and strong winds forecast for tomorrow. Stay safe Dennis if this is the case.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Australians are in my thoughts almost constantly these days. I'll probably donate to relief efforts when there's a legitimate path to doing so that avoids association with the Australian government.

We're having solar panels installed on our roof next week, which we'll use to charge our 2 electric cars. But whenever possible I leave the cars at home and bicycle. I can even have a striped down electric bicycle gig rig. These are all things I'm doing to indirectly help Australia (and everyone else).

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I think about my Austrailian brothers every day. Stay safe

Thinking of all of you there, as well.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Thanks guys!! Much appreciated....I am in Eden, and the fire south is about 40 kilometers away at present but little to no wind and still relatively high humidity...expect this to change with a southerly this afternoon our time (it is presently 10am) overnight and into tomorrow (Sunday)...I have prepared the house as much as I can and I am staying to defend, but I have the car packed and ready to go at the drop if need be. The areas to the north, at this stage have been hardest hit, and the firies here are hoping to make a stand at Eden and halt further porgress north....if the south one meets the north?? The only thing to stop it will be the ocean!!! Most of the country is wild bush with tall hills and deep gullies and all that can be done at the mo is try and contain where possible. Tonight will be the critical time.

Again my sincere thanks for your thoughts and wishes, it means a lot

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Thanks guys!! Much appreciated....I am in Eden, and the fire south is about 40 kilometers away at present but little to no wind and still relatively high humidity...expect this to change with a southerly this afternoon our time (it is presently 10am) overnight and into tomorrow (Sunday)...I have prepared the house as much as I can and I am staying to defend, but I have the car packed and ready to go at the drop if need be. The areas to the north, at this stage have been hardest hit, and the firies here are hoping to make a stand at Eden and halt further porgress north....if the south one meets the north?? The only thing to stop it will be the ocean!!! Most of the country is wild bush with tall hills and deep gullies and all that can be done at the mo is try and contain where possible. Tonight will be the critical time.

Thanks for the update mate - know that area well (my brother is a member of Merimbula brigade). Keep safe.

The Australians are in my thoughts almost constantly these days. I'll probably donate to relief efforts when there's a legitimate path to doing so that avoids association with the Australian government.

We're having solar panels installed on our roof next week, which we'll use to charge our 2 electric cars. But whenever possible I leave the cars at home and bicycle. I can even have a striped down electric bicycle gig rig. These are all things I'm doing to indirectly help Australia (and everyone else).

You sir, rock.

Fire is now moving up, so no chance of posting anymore...I'll let you know how it all goes in coming days! Many thanks again folks, you all rock!!!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Thanks for the update mate - know that area well (my brother is a member of Merimbula brigade). Keep safe.

And well appreciated person he is!! All the firies (town and RFS) having been working their butt off the past week, and I cannot imagine how exhausted your brother and his fire brothers and sisters are, but man, they keep on keeping on!!!!

Not looking good for Dennis. From the Guardian and ABC:

We are getting reports that people are being moved from evacuation centres in Eden, on NSW"s far south coast, towards Merimbula. Fires burning just north of the Victorian border, including the Poole Road fire, are spreading quickly and emergency warnings have been issued. The southerly change is generally moving those fires on the NSW-Victorian border to the north.

ð§Kelly Bowman

@KellyBowman2

#firesNSW The message came through on local ABC there are buses evacuating 300 people and people have been told to evacuate to Merimbula from Eden.

7:38 PM - Jan 4, 2020

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

EMERGENCY WARNING â Border Fire (Bega Valley LGA)

If you are in the area of Womboyn, Kiah, Narrabarba, Towamba, Burragate, Eden and surrounds, you are at risk. It is too late to leave. Seek shelter as the fire approaches. #nswrfs #nswfires #alert

9:37 PM · Jan 4, 2020

Well seems like this fire has been contained just south of Eden for now:

EMERGENCY WARNING â Border Fire (Bega Valley LGA)

Fire is burning S of Eden & has impacted Wonboyn, Kiah, Narrabarba & surrounds. It has also spread west toward Burragate. If you are in or near Eden monitor conditions. Know what to do if fire threatens. #nswrfs #nswfires #alert

11:25 AM - Jan 5, 2020

It really worries me when folk say they will stay and defend.

As I related on another thread when my friend lost buildings on his property in Balmoral village on the 21st December he had defended his place on several occasions before. He had aleady done as much as he could to seal these buildings against ember attack, had water spray and fire pumps on each building and water reserves set up. He turned all these on when the fire approached. But it did not hit as fire front from one directiion as in the past . His whole 4 acres exploded into fire at once leaving no way out. The water induction pipes into the fire pumps deformed due to the heat, cutting of the water supply and game over. Exit road on fire, no option left but get in his ceramic material coffin shelter with a bottle of water and wait.

An indication of the heat in the fire is that a collection of porcelain works ready for a forth coming exhibition that were stored in the pottery were found reduced to a fine talcum powder like dust after the fire.

Regretably his will be but just one of thousands of similar experiences to date and for several months to come.