Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's in your ears?

p90jr

Per Wiberg Head without Eyes

just one song but the whole album is good

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

This was on the shopping music in a home furnishings store in Studio City yesterday, January 1st, a perfect way to announce the new year. Clapton has never sounded better, in terms of tone, energy, passion. I wish he were still this electrifying & still playing Les Pauls.

Scott Fraser

This was on the shopping music in a home furnishings store in Studio City yesterday, January 1st, a perfect way to announce the new year. Clapton has never sounded better, in terms of tone, energy, passion. I wish he were still this electrifying & still playing Les Pauls.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice....

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Something I'm working on.

https://g.co/kgs/rEmJSs

You never can tell! ;)

Niiiiiiiice.

The band is cookin' and you can tell it's always hot and tasty in that kitchen! Albert Lee! yeah! And- who's that pedal steel player? (Looked it up, it's Hank Devito.) He's excellent! I love the intro Devito and Lee play together there. I'd do my level best to cop as much of his pedal-steel licks, vibe 'n' tone if I was workin' up a band cover of this for gigs...

Veering tangentially- Dave Borisoff, inventor, founder and president of Hipshot, all-around great guy and a very fine pedal-steeler and banjoist in his own right, once said to me at an unplanned jam between bands-sets at a charity benefit gig as he was settling down behind his pedal-steel rig, "Hey, I was wonderin', if you could set up your stuff a little further up front here, I'd like to see how you're using your pedals... ?" To which I replied, "That's funny, I wanted to be able to see how YOU use YOUR pedals!" He gave me a look of surprise and we both had a big laugh about that! :laugh::D Now, FWIW, much of what he was curious about in my playing came primarily from my manipulating my Les Paul's volume knobs- "pinky-swells" and the like- and pickup-selector-switch along with oblique-bends playing two or three strings plucked simultaneously finger-style, somewhat evoking a bastardized 'pedal-steel' sound and style. Though I imagine he was also curious about my Boss RT-20 Leslie-sim sounds, Foxrox Octron octave-fuzz, harmonic-feedback from my Sustainiac pedal...

But I digress... ;)

Here's another vid of the same song performed live onstage by the same band, posted on YouTube, with better audio and video quality:

[video:youtube]

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

BÃC has announced they"re doing a new album, etc. in the near future, which reminded me of the time I got to see them in concert- I had the curious priviledge of seeing BÃC perform at a club in Austin in the 1990s, with the just-signed Galactic Cowboys and locals Black Pearl opening. HELL OF A SHOW!!!

Black Pearl"s vocalist, Lisa Tingle, had a killer voice. Should have broken bigger, but...

GC"s show was a bit of a wreck- their keyboard player was drunk off his ass and kept hitting on my friend...while simultaneously stumbling over my crutches & cast. So when they got on stage, he was barely functioning. Sloppy, playing the wrong stuff, off tempo... I don"t think he made it to the first record (but I don"t know for sure). And the headliners?

Simply put, BÃC played a 'greatest hits' playlist. All killer, no filler, as they say.

But thinking about that night made me think of Black Pearl more. I just had to binge on some of the songs they played back then, and found a couple I remember for sure.. (Thank you, Internet!)

http://www.lisatingle.com/2015/06/your-brother-knows-1993/

AND

[video:youtube]

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/