Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

January 2020: SSS Turns 25. What's Next?

Time flies when you're having fun...SSS started on AOL in January 1995, and since then, it's bounced around from place to place...SSS created an online home for Bob Lefsetz, got kicked off AOL because it was too successful (that's a story in itself), spent some time in Lynn Fuston's virtual homeless shelter (this was before he joined Sweetwater), been bought and sold by various corporate overlords, got saved by Gibson when Henry Juszkiewicz bought Harmony Central, and now it's back to being an independent site that has to answer to no one - other than those who participate here.

So what does the future hold? I have some ideas on where this should go, and although I've been a little slow getting some of these off the ground (y'know, gotta pay the bills), I think it's time to celebrate 25 years in style.

Remember, this is basically employee-owned. We need your help to spread the word for this site to continue its upward trajectory. Any external links to discussions you can drop on your internet travels will help the cause tremendously.

You are an important part of this. What would make Musicplayer.com an indispensable part of your internet travels? What are the kinds of additions you want to see?

After all, this is YOUR site. Let that sink in...what do YOU want Musicplayer.com to be?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A place to meet like-minded folks who enjoy candlelit dinners over a glass of wine and long walks on the beach.

Seriously, I suppose discussing really cool things, potential collaboration, and turning certain things into more of a musicplayer brand, I suppose. There's quite a lot of things that we could do since this is employee-owned, but I just haven't been able to give it enough time or thought to really think about the potential. As with you, tons of things going on here. But I am super happy that it is now employee-owned.

Happy New Year.

Numerous things are possible, including actually having some sort of collective effort toward creating things or studio endeavors or art-related items such as what The Big Picture photography Forum here on musicplayer could potentially be. Not sure, but I am confident something interesting will arise from this if we put our collective heads together.

• 2 weeks later...
A place to meet like-minded folks who enjoy candlelit dinners over a glass of wine and long walks on the beach.

:D

Congrats on 25, Craig! :cool:

What a long, strange, trip it's been!

We need your help to spread the word for this site to continue its upward trajectory. Any external links to discussions you can drop on your internet travels will help the cause tremendously.

You are an important part of this. What would make Musicplayer.com an indispensable part of your internet travels? What are the kinds of additions you want to see?

After all, this is YOUR site. Let that sink in...what do YOU want Musicplayer.com to be?

I'm pretty happy with the status quo at the moment; but then, one of my new year's resolutions is "less talk, more music" (as FM stations used to boast), so I'm cutting back on my forum use with the intent of spending more time making music.

That said, cutting back doesn't mean cutting out. I spend some of my time on composer forums elsewhere on the web. I don't see any harm in posting MusicPlayer links over there when relevant.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon