Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2019-2020, 100th Season Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seahawks add RBs Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin

Can Lynch reignite beast mode for the postseason?

In the meantime...

Packers run over Vikings to clinch first NFC North title since 2016

The Packers are looking at the second seed unless the Seahawks can beat the 49ers nest week. If that happens, and Green bay beats Detroit, then the NFC goes through Lambeau.

Also...

Ravens to sit Lamar Jackson, injured Mark Ingram and other starters vs. Steelers

The Steelers are still in the hunt for a Wild Card spot, so there are playoff implications at stake.

Wentz, Eagles deny Dallas the NFC East title with 17-9 win (providing that Philadelphia can beat the Giants next week or the Cowboys lose to Washington).

I'd bet this game made Dave doubly happy.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

While my beloved Skins are mired below mediocrity, the football team up the street (Ravens) is kicking azz and having blast along the way.

My team allegiance will remain unchanged but I will be rooting for our neighbors to get Harbaugh another ring. That guy has quietly become one of the best head coaches in the game today.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

There may not much going on in this thread, but there's a lot going on in the NFLâin addition to the coming playoffsânow that the regular season is over:

Sources: Redskins set to hire Ron Rivera as coach; fire president Bruce Allen

Giants fire coach Pat Shurmur, keep GM Dave Gettleman

John Elway: 'Unrealistic' to say Drew Lock won't start for Denver Broncos in 2020

Raiders' Derek Carr 'looking forward to Las Vegas' after boos in Oakland

Bruce Arians says Buccaneers can win with QB other than Jameis Winston

In the meantime, some of this forum's favorite teams made the playoffs. Congrats to all with a horse in the race this postseason, and better luck next year to everyone else.

Best,

Geoff

No respect for the 49ers?

Says who? The Niners are awesome! Not sure they'll be able to get past NO though - the Saints appear to be on a mission.

dB

Niners beat the Saints earlier this year. Might do it again.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Even though the Titans have their starting Corners injured, I'm hoping they upset New England this weekend. Miami put them away with a 4th quarter 75 yard drive with less than 4 minutes to play. Brady has Tennis Elbow this season and the only thing that will help is treatment and REST. That takes time. Brady doesn't have the offensive players he has had in the Past, although his receivers were making some catches in their loss to Miami. Brady's bad throw in the first half was a Pick 6, very uncharacteristic for him.

I hope this is the end of the season for NE.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

No respect for the 49ers?

49ers almost beat the Ravens. They are a very good football team

The 49ers beat the Packers too.

I was really hoping the Seahawks had scored on that last play against San Francisco on Sunday night, so that Green Bay would have homefield advantage if they faced the Niners again.

Green Bay fared miserably in California this season. Not only did they lose in San Francisco, they lost to the Chargers in LA as well.

Best,

Geoff

Even though the Titans have their starting Corners injured, I'm hoping they upset New England this weekend. Miami put them away with a 4th quarter 75 yard drive with less than 4 minutes to play. Brady has Tennis Elbow this season and the only thing that will help is treatment and REST. That takes time. Brady doesn't have the offensive players he has had in the Past, although his receivers were making some catches in their loss to Miami. Brady's bad throw in the first half was a Pick 6, very uncharacteristic for him.

I hope this is the end of the season for NE.

I'm pretty sure that this new decade will see an end to the Patriots' dominance. The question as I see it is whether it will fade out or be snuffed out in the coming years.

Speaking of the '20s, Happy New Year to you all! :wave:

Best,

Geoff

Happy New Year!

I don't like betting against the Patriots, but they definitely do not look invincible.

Great AFC Wild Card games today!

Deshaun Watson breaking two tackles and throwing the pass to Taiwan Jones that set up the game winning overtime field goal was a spectacular play!

Logan Ryan's pick six of Tom Brady was an equally thrilling way to seal the next game, especially after a scoreless 4th quarter.

Hoping for equally exciting NFC battles tomorrow.

Best,

Geoff

Says who? The Niners are awesome! Not sure they'll be able to get past NO though - the Saints appear to be on a mission.

dB

Saints lost to Vikings and are out.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

Saints lost to Vikings and are out.

Revenge (again) for Bountygate.

And Patriots are out. Revenge for Deflategate?

Not so much in my view. Deflategate was about Patriots vs Colts, but it was the Titans that defeated New England this year.

Bountygate was about the Saints vs the Vikings and New Orleans deliberately trying to injure Brett Favre. Minnesota has twice defeated New Orleans in the playoffs since then, including today; and they didn't have to try to injure Drew Brees to do it.

Nonetheless, Saints fans have my sympathy. They didn't cause Bountygate.

Best,

Geoff

Our neighborhood kid got concussed and is out for the 2nd week in a row and not playing against the Eagles. Seahawks are winning. Maybe he will get to play next week.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Considering the Eagles' miserable luck in Carson Wentz getting knocked out of the game, I thought that they played admirably behind Josh McCownâespecially considering McCown himself was playing injured for a sizable chunk of the second half.

If it weren't for Jadeveon Clowney, McCown might have rushed for a touchdown and sent the game into overtime (presuming a two-point conversion).

Best,

Geoff

Partial quote by Geoff Grace:

"I'm pretty sure that this new decade will see an end to the Patriots' dominance. The question as I see it is whether it will fade out or be snuffed out in the coming years."

New England has to sign Brady for at least one more year. The QB behind him is "not ready" according to Hoody. Brady can still make the throws, at least most of the time. That Pick 6 Brady threw against the Titans was a bad decision by Brady, That Receiver was fighting with the Defender and didn't even LOOK for the ball. Brady tried to force the ball in there and it bounced off and was intercepted by a previous New England player who was going to the ball.

A fact that is worth mentioning is that Brady threw a pick 6 in each of the 5 games they lost. He needs Receivers that can catch and run after the catch. New England's offense couldn't put up enough points.

As far as how the Patriots go out, once Brady is gone, I bet that Hoddy might stay for a year after Brady retires, and will probably retire himself.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Another piece of this puzzle is Josh McDaniels, who reneged on an agreement to coach the Colts in favor of staying on as Patriots offensive coordinator a couple of years ago. There was speculation at the time that he changed his mind because he had been offered Belichick's job down the road when he retired. McDaniels is expected to interview for a head coach job with other teams today, but is it a ploy to put pressure on Belichick to retire?

It's hard to trust that we can take things at face value when it comes to the Patriots. It'll be interesting to see what unfolds now that their season is over.

Best,

Geoff

Another piece of this puzzle is Josh McDaniels, who reneged on an agreement to coach the Colts in favor of staying on as Patriots offensive coordinator a couple of years ago. There was speculation at the time that he changed his mind because he had been offered Belichick's job down the road when he retired. McDaniels is expected to interview for a head coach job with other teams today, but is it a ploy to put pressure on Belichick to retire?

...and who better to take McDaniels current job than Brady? :idk::idea:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

:D

I hadn't thought of that, Dave! Stranger things have happened...

...In the meantime:

Source: Cowboys to hire Mike McCarthy as new coach, Mike Nolan as defensive coordinator

and

Rams part ways with defensive coordinator Wade Phillips

Best,

Geoff