Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer DS-80 Polyphonic Analogue

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking very seriously to buy it...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

They've allegedly amended it to include the ribbon, but it'll all be for naught unless you can lay hands to it and have that Eddie Jobson-era U.K. monster-sound come out. If so- and the keyboard doesn't feel like a lobster trap- gimme the phone, gotta call Sweetwater. :roll::keys:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

I also hope they make the effort to reverse engineer the unique "linear CV standard" Hz/Volt oscillator structure, as opposed to using the brute-force chip method logarithmic Volt/Octave used in the Deckards Dream. That's a very important part of the CS-80 sound.

• 4 weeks later...
I also hope they make the effort to reverse engineer the unique "linear CV standard" Hz/Volt oscillator structure, as opposed to using the brute-force chip method logarithmic Volt/Octave used in the Deckards Dream. That's a very important part of the CS-80 sound.

Truth. Everyone gets this wrong! The ribbon controller on the original requires this, because it allows you to do downbends all the way down to DC. When the first software emulations came out, their ribbons always acted like an ordinary pitch wheel, because nobody understood how the original ribbon worked.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I actually really like the gimmick with the rotary telephone. Should have thought of that for the studio sessions this week. Would have looked great on the Space Echo.

I have one in the basement. I think I'll add it to the setup.

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

I actually really like the gimmick with the rotary telephone.(snip)

I have one in the basement. I think I'll add it to the setup.

As do I, might have to jump on this train. Interesting thread derailment we have here. Carry on. :)

:nopity: