Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best wishes for 2020

Best wishes for a safe and great 2020.

From a place which has been enveloped in a fire storm it feels like some things are never going to be the same as they once were.

Good to know that the joy of playing, performing and sharing music is the one thing that will not change.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I type this Markay is already into 2020. To Everyone, Good Luck, Best Wishes, and Enjoy playing Music every day of 2020.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Peace and happiness!!!

All the best!!!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Happy New Year Everyone and Bless the Australian contigency.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

What"s happening in Australia is incredible. Literally incredible. We are not programmed to comprehend and adjust to changes on that scale. My wish for the new year is that humankind begin to grapple with this issue. And I really believe that music can help, if we as musicians (and especially those much better than myself) bend it to that purpose.

Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but events in Australia have me feeling pretty down about what kind of world my children will be living in. New Years is the time when we resolve to do better. We have to do better.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Best wishes to all KC folks with the fires raging â literally, figuratively and well... you know.

Peace out.

Gotta echo this.

“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

What"s happening in Australia is incredible. Literally incredible. We are not programmed to comprehend and adjust to changes on that scale. My wish for the new year is that humankind begin to grapple with this issue. And I really believe that music can help, if we as musicians (and especially those much better than myself) bend it to that purpose.

Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but events in Australia have me feeling pretty down about what kind of world my children will be living in. New Years is the time when we resolve to do better. We have to do better.

I think these thoughts are pertinent and important. I'm with you in my fear, hope, and commitment for the years to come.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

indeed. Australia ablaze and huge fireworks in Sydney. Makes you think.

Well thats conflating two wholly unrelated events. The NYE Sydney fireworks are locked in 18 months in advance. They bring a significant amount of tourism spend into Sydney - and gigs for musos. They were all paid for. Cancelling them would have meant zero saved and losses for all the venues and tourism operators.

The fireworks were repurposed to promote a fund raising appeal for victims of the fires that generated over $2 million in donations on the night.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Yeah I think it was the most sombre NYE in the 30 year history of of the firworks bringing many hundreds of thousands of Australians and visitors together around the harbour.

The sadness and apprehension around what happens next echoed in this thread are widely shared here.