Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Triton Collection!

Korg just released the Triton collection!

This is pretty cool! Can"t wait to get it!

The website has info on it! Price $199 on sale right now, regular $249.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection/

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Still have my Triton-Pro which I use as a rehearsal board, it"s like putting on a comfy slipper. I have the much smaller Triton collection in Module Pro. Definitely captures the essence of the programs, but perhaps sounds a tad thin, IMHO, compared to the genuine article.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Tempting in a way, but I'm brimming with EXS samples of my old 01Wfd and I still use a TR61, which includes a lot of the Triton DNA. I prefer the overall Korg sound design direction, but I'll have to ponder this one a bit. Its probably smarter to take newer directions like PM than revisit the 90s. Still, that Extreme library in particular (MOSS or not) is a beast. :rawk::taz:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

O1/W

how could or why did Korg overlook the 01/W ?

there must be a reason, just not seeing why

Probably because the Triton was arguably the ultimate realization of the M1, so there's no good reason to reach back that far. You won't see the T series as a specific item for similar reasons. The Triton had a more lo-fi sampling rate than the Trinity, IIRC, but far better than the 01W's. Its a resource placement decision to go all-Triton, just as the Polysix came with no sustain pedal jack.

BTW, I've learned that the full Extreme library is NOT included, possibly due to the valve aspect of the original. Too bad. That was the ultimate beast of the Triton line.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

that seems plausible.

Here is another take. Its about the $$$$. Triton was a hit with the hip hop producers.

A Triton software version or collection has a bigger $$ impact today.

Of course, Korg could resurrect the 01W.

At best, its a 2nd priority vs the Triton series. As I read my Korg tea leaves

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

When I see this on the website: KORG Collection - Special Bundle v2 Upgrade for $149, is this for Korg Collection Legacy owners and just adds the Triton content? Asking for a friend (who already has Legacy Collection + Odyssey).

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

When I see this on the website: KORG Collection - Special Bundle v2 Upgrade for $149, is this for Korg Collection Legacy owners and just adds the Triton content? Asking for a friend (who already has Legacy Collection + Odyssey).

I was a previous owner of the Legacy Collection and when I purchased the Special Bundle V2 for $149 it came with the Triton plus upgrades for all of the synths in my original legacy collection (Wavestation, PolySix, MonoPoly etc). I haven't read the upgrade notes but just playing around a little I don't see any major differences so it's probably bug fixes etc.

HTH.