Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Paul Reed Smith on the Future of Guitar

My buddies at Guitar.com posted this interview with Paul Reed Smith discussing the future of guitar...

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/paul-reed-smith-future-of-guitar/

What would YOU like to see guitar makers develop, refine, or innovate in 2020 on our fave instrument?

Please let your ideas fly and share your comments!

Thanks all,

Mike

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With no constraints, I would like a fully chambered (including the neck) all graphite guitar with AllParts LT-0877-000 fretwire, Graph-Tech Ratio locking tuners, an EMG HB in the neck, an EMG 81 in the bridge, 22 frets, 25.5" scale, 1 7/8ths nut width, string spacing 1/16" wider than a standard strat and the neck taper wide enough so the outside strings are 3/32" away from the neck edge at the 22nd fret.

Non-adjustable neck with correct relief for D'Addario's newest XT strings - 10-46 and a wraparound bridge with intonation cast in and posts for correct action integrated into the casting so the bridge can be firmly bolted directly to the body. Fretboard radius 16 degrees.

One 3 way switch, one volume knob, both positioned well out of the way of my right hand. Strat style jack on the face. Large round pearl fret markers on the top side of the neck, no markers on the fretboard.

Sort of a Strat shape with a slightly longer upper horn and maybe just a bit larger overall. Should weigh in at 6.5 pounds.

Strap would be permanently bolted to the guitar and non-adjustable but correct for my preference.

Simple, solid (non-adjustable guitar will not require adjustment). Yeah, probably most guitarists would not like it, but since you asked...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.