Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vinyl, LPs, Turntables Oh Boy! Listening to analog is joy!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably insane. Or am I?

If so, you're in good company...a survey from 2016 showed that almost half of the vinyl bought in the UK has never been played.

Well, that's reassuring!

In 2017 I gave myself a Christmas present. I chose six tracks from my album Smoke and had them made into a 10" vinyl album. The company that did this for me (for a price, obviously) was Vinylify

The irony is that I will probably never get to hear these tracks in all their vinyly-distorted glory, as I have absolutely no intention of buying a turntable! :D

Luckily, I have the songs on CD...

]a survey from 2016 showed that almost half of the vinyl bought in the UK has never been played.

They're just waiting to the turntable to arrive from Amazon. I have a few friends who, when they go to a concert, always buy merch - vintage vinyl, cassette CD, but haven't been to a concert where new vinyl is the product yet. These are small concerts, often house concerts or coffee houses, and they do it to put a few extra bucks into what the artists make. If I paid $250 for a ticket to a Rolling Stones concert, doggone if I'd pay another $25 for a new LP. They get paid enough to do the show. ;)