Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave's excellent Hammond midi controller debuts

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

I wasn't 100% sure that window in your monitor was tracking what he was playing until he stopped the first time. What is it showing?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Moe, I knew you were 'somebody' on this forum but I hadn't see this thread until now. What an awesome project.

I totally appreciate what went into this because about 8 years ago I took all the furniture out of my living room, put up drop cloths around the whole room including 6 feet up the walls and proceeded to completely disassemble my Knabe grand. I had some friends over to pull the plate and put it on an old coffee table in the patio so I could refinish that too. I pulled the legs and lyre off, put in new pins, felts, strings, decals, stained and refinished it, I did everything except for the action itself.

My problem is I don't have a house, it's a condo in a big project, no garage or separate workspace for something like this and I'm just not up to tearing up my living room again.

This is just too cool for words man.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Hey MATE_STUBB, how has it been for gigging? Is it worth it to carry it around just as a MIDI controller and the awesome looks? And by the way, let me just say it's by FAR the best looking organ I've ever seen in my life. That is definitely a thing of beauty...

I have never gigged it. I have been putting a band together for what feels like forever, and we only recently started gigging. For that I am using a Mojo or a XK-1C.

I have taken it to rehearsal however, but have not put together cases to protect it. The other issue is the software - I have it running on a desktop in my studio, and have it installed on a Receptor for going out.

The Receptor currently has a sound card that is unhappy, and often refuses to boot.

I'm considering HX-3 for it, but am poor ATM.

Moe

---

Wow! This is so impressive. Since I'm new at organs, I've never read the old organ threads before and apparently I've been missing a lot. This is amazing!

Hamburg Steinway O, Crumar Mojo, Nord Electro 4 HP 73, EV ZXA1

First up is the tiger duo. The maple has a deep figure somewhere between fiddleback and quilted. It really explodes in color when I light it, so I have to be careful not to overload the camera.

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/keeper/keeper_dualmaple_01_sm.jpg

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/keeper/keeper_dualmaple_09.jpg

Just saw this for the first time , - what a Beautiful machine mate!!.

And those maple end plates ( this shape in particular ) really set it off.

You are a perfectionist mate stubb , both equipment - and playing I must say.

Brett

• 5 years later...
First up is the tiger duo. The maple has a deep figure somewhere between fiddleback and quilted. It really explodes in color when I light it, so I have to be careful not to overload the camera.

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/keeper/keeper_dualmaple_01_sm.jpg

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/keeper/keeper_dualmaple_09.jpg

Just saw this for the first time , - what a Beautiful machine mate!!.

And those maple end plates ( this shape in particular ) really set it off.

You are a perfectionist mate stubb , both equipment - and playing I must say.

Brett

This is a ton of work and amazing. Woof! So nice.

Try B3X and B5 through it yet?