Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thank You So Much, Everyone!

Thank you for participating in SSS, and megathanks to Dave Bryce, Future Music, and Jim Quinn (the Force) for bringing Musicplayer.com back into the mainstream.

Please, tell your friends! We have an opportunity here...let's not pass it up. Musicplayer.com will continue to grow regardless, but I have no problem with making it grow faster, bigger, and better :)

Thanks again, everyone. Looking forward to what we'll do in 2020...and yes...I have some ideas about that! :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to meet so many interesting people!

I haven't been here long but I've been given some great information and different ways of considering music and what I love to do.

Thanks for maintaing a hub on here, it's a great forum.

Happy Holidays to You and Yours and All Y'all! :)

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I stop by almost daily, don't always post, but read what others have posted. Musicplayer.com is my happy place. :)

Your posts are always appreciated. SSS has always had more lurkers than posters...as one person said when I asked why he didn't post, he said he felt he was listening in on a fascinating panel discussion :)

Please, tell your friends! We have an opportunity here...let's not pass it up. Musicplayer.com will continue to grow regardless, but I have no problem with making it grow faster, bigger, and better :)

:yeahthat::idea::boing:

Thanks again, everyone. Looking forward to what we'll do in 2020...and yes...I have some ideas about that! :)

:cool::thu::rawk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Thanks for being here.

It's always nice talking to other musicians about what I love dearly, music. And there are some very intelligent and astute people here to talk with, exchange ideas with, and learn from.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Yeah, I get lots out of FB and other social media because it's where some people I want to stay connected with are, but MPN is where I wanna be. I'm glad it's still here and better than ever, thanks to people like you Craig, dB, Jim Quinn, and all of us who participate. :2thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Another long time lurker here. Don"t post much, but scan and read the boards daily for useful information and inspiration. Much appreciate MPN and all who make this forum possible and am really pleased with the addition of SSS and the insight you provide Craig!

I'm not a fan of Facebook, which is unfortunate because so many people that I know hang out there. I've been doing more on Instagram instead, it's more selective. But the great thing about a forum is that threads can persist. It becomes a knowledgebase, not just (as you say) a "hit and run" situation.

Member #22 here.

Wow. Hello Craig, everyone else...

What a nostalgia trip! It looks like most of the content is back?

Interesting lesson: content online is ephemeral. "Here" can go away.

A law, as far as I'm concerned:

Once an online community reaches a particular population amount - the S/N ratio plummets exponentially.

The thing about "here" that was novel is that the S/N ratio never got too bad, somehow.

Facebook ran me off a few years ago. Twitter is a political battleground at the moment, a Mos Eisley of Establishment propaganda and Peasantry Dunning-Kruger assertion. Other online forums have become

hunkered down with very narrow focuses and belief systems. For a long while I had morphed over to the Cockos/Reaper forum, but it reached that bad S/N crest a few years ago and has become .... aggravating.

Maybe I'll come back in here some for a respite....

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Member #22 here.

GREAT to have you back!!

Once an online community reaches a particular population amount - the S/N ratio plummets exponentially.

The thing about "here" that was novel is that the S/N ratio never got too bad, somehow.

Well, I'm pretty much a nice guy, but as a moderator, don't suffer fools gladly.

Maybe I'll come back in here some for a respite....

Welcome back!!

Just keep in mind that the open bar closes at 2 AM, and after using the pool, please put the towels in the hamper. The front desk is available 24/7 (although it takes cabana reservations only during business hours).