Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Introductions?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Newb here. I'm just a hobby musician. Current gear is:

Novation Launchkey Controller

VSTs:

Arturia Vcollection 6

MTron Pro

Acoustic Samples B5

VB3 II

IK Multimedia Amplitube Leslie Collection

Moog Minitaur with studiologic pedals

Ummm that's it! - so lots of software stuff.....

I'll be listening mostly, as I'm not really an expert on anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm Pawel from Poland. I'm pianist/keyboardist, but not really classical.

I'm mainly interested in digital pianos and stage pianos when reading forums. Also workstations.

I'm of keen on key actions and their behaviour.

Current gear listed in my signature.

Yamaha P-515, Korg SV-2 73, Kurzweil PC4-7

• 2 weeks later...

One of my friends pointed out this forum to me, so I decided to join the fun.

I am Mike and live about 10 miles from Liverpool in the UK.

I am a collector at heart, having been collecting magazines since a teenager, but more recently, collecting synths. My first magazine was a Practical Electronics (UK), which just happened to have the PE Sound Synthesiser as one of its projects, so synths have been an interest since the start. I even tried to build a PE Minisonic in 1974.

My magazine collection is now approaching 16,000 unique issues and my synth collection has also grown. I am also a major contributor to the mu:zines website. If you haven"t found this site yet, go and enjoy looking at loads of electronic music mags, including a complete set of Polyphony that we added last year.

Now for a bit of a synth list in no particular order. SCI Sixtrax, ARP Quartet, Ensoniq ESQ1, Roland D50, Roland JD800, Novation Ultranova, Korg MS20, Yamaha DX7 IIFD, DX5, TX816, QX1, KX88, CX5M, EX5R, Powertran Transcendant 2000, Transcendant Polysynth, Oberheim Matrix 6R, PE Minisonic 2.

I build and restore a lot of my synths as well, so have a Deckards Dream, a couple of TTSH"s, Jasper EDP Wasp clone, a very large 5U modular and a collection of Vocoders and other DIY effects.

I am more of a maker than a player and end up noodling more than playing, but this year I plan to get more serious with my playing.

As a way to hear my synths being played by better musicians than I am, I also run the Liverpool Synthesiser Meet every couple of months. This a free public event where people can come and learn about synths or play synths that they may have only heard of. This meet is slowly building a community of interest, so it will be interesting to see how it develops this year.

Anyway, that"s enough about me for now, time to go and scan another magazine for mu:zines.

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I joined so I could search for RD-800 information.

I'm an older man, a hobbyist. I remember being able to pick out simple tunes as a very young child.

I made a copy of the key to the piano in the junior high school auditorium and would sneak in to play ,in the dark.

I got interested in synthesizers about the time the Minimoog came out and subscribed to Keyboard Magazine in time to follow the development of MIDI.

I remember playing a T-8 MIDIed to an Xpander at a music shop when they were the new thing.

My first keyboard was a Wavestation which I did a deep dive on.

I love designing sounds and finally got an 88 key stage piano a few years back.

Its cool being old and having the muscle memory in my hands even if my vocabulary is (extremely) limited.

Nu2020 - your post brought back a lot of memories for me!

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you're here.

Larry

Kurzweil Forte 7, PC3, PC4, Hydrasynth, Kronos 61, UltraNova, Rhodes, Clavinet D6, MiniMoog, GSI Burn, ELX112Ps, SpaceStation, Assorted Weapons

• 1 month later...

Hello;

My name is Paul. I live in the Dallas ,Texas area. I have created some songs from time to time and had a few published. I still do some limited performing buy putting on concerts for the seniors in some of the retirement homes in the area. I have been fully retired for quite a while but I have limited what I do regarding music but that"s really neither here or there.

The reason I joined this group is to request some help regarding the YAMAHA YPG235 keyboard. I have had this keyboard for a couple of years and it has been great for my purposes but very recently has developed an intermittent problem with the programmable sequencer. The keyboard has an allowance of 5 user areas for programming a creation from scratch. There is an accompaniment track and 5 other instrument tracks that can be programmed. In addition there are song styles available with intros for a song.

What has developed recently is when I set up a style and the accompaniment to record the intro doesn"t record. It"s just a silence on playback until several measures then suddenly the accompaniment track begins to play.

I have gone through the various settings the owners manual shows that should be used for the various functions of the keyboard and how it is utilized with a PC or not used with a PC function. At times the intro and accompaniment track records correctly but then for no apparent reason fails to pick up the intro portion of the accompaniment track.

I have reinitialized the keyboard and rechecked the settings but I can"t seem to get it to where it will consistently record the intro portion of the program. If anyone has a solution I would appreciate it.

Paul Springfield

paul2218@verizon.net

Hi - near the top left of the main page, above the list of existing topics, there is a blue button titled, "New Thread".

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/18/1/the-keyboard-corner

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

• 1 month later...

I have recently joined as a new user on this site after being a long-time reader of Keyboard Magazine. In fact, I had copies of issues going back to #1 from 1975 when it was Contemporary Keyboard. This was done up until 2015 when I recycled all of them except for one copy in particular. That was the year when I met composer Mark Snow at a NYU Film Scoring Workshop. I then presented him with a Keyboard issue from the 90's that featured him on the cover with his Synclavier and he was very thankful.

As for me, I am a retired public school elementary vocal music teacher currently in training as a film, TV and documentary composer. Please visit my website for information and photos.

• 3 months later...

What's up, people of the keyboard corner?

Let's see, here are the cliff notes about me: I'm a self-taught piano/keyboard player, which means I'm great at some things and yet totally lost when it comes to music theory. I was in a pretty high caliber cover band with my dad, brother, and two friends for over five years, but we rarely played gigs and I felt like I had plateaued as a musician so weekend band practice just became work. You know how it goes. My wife and I have other priorities now so I called it quits at the end of 2019.

My main keyboard is an SV-1 88 and I freakin' love it. After I quit the band, I bought a Boss RC-3 looper pedal to play around with, just thinking it would spice up my solo playing, but man, that was exactly what I needed to kick start my growth as a player again!

I think my renewed passion for music is what made me look for a community of other keyboard players. In a funny twist, I had just watched Dave Bryce's excellent Crumar Seven demo on youtube like a day before I found this place. Small world!

If you're still reading, thanks for indulging me! I hope to make some friends here.

Keyboards: Nord Electro 6D 73, Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625

Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation

I found the world's worst piano and couldn't resist trying my best Dennis DeYoung on it. This seemed the best place to post a picture.

In real life, I play a Casio keyboard.... I found this forum when it was linked on the Piano World forum. I like the vibe here!

Nl0nRT.jpg

What do you figure the backstory on that piano is? I picture 1950s with a woman in a long lame gown with a bouffant 'do and costume jewelry accompanying synchronized swimmers just out of frame in the pool.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• 3 months later...