Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Comet Is Coming

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of those crazy middle eastern wedding parties where everyone starts shooting their guns in the air.

It started to grow on me towards the end, but I was fast forwarding, took me about 2 minutes to get through the whole video.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

That's why I read this forum, for discoveries like this. Just scratched the surface with a few minutes of listening but I'll be digging into this group for awhile.

Not for everyone, and not even for me at all times, but definitely strikes a chord in my nervous system.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Wow I really enjoyed this. Thanks very much for sharing, Morizzle! I particularly enjoyed "Summon the Fire"

I'd not heard of these chaps before, but I'm very keen to start listening to more of their material. Having been activated by this clip to do a modicum of initial research, I am particularly taken with the "space apocalypse" nature of their track titles, which line up beautifully and consistently with their band name.

I was not surprised to learn these gentlemen hailed from the cold and quirky British Isles upon witnessing their reactions as their muscular performance literally heated things up. The keys player stubbornly clinging to his fresh-from-soccer-practice Kappa tracksuit, only much later and perhaps somewhat distrustfully discarding the rain hood, while the sax player disrobed before sweating up like the favourite in the 7th.

Noting it has disturbed others, I must say I quite enjoyed the manic movements of our Kappa-adorned friend in all their convulsing and eye-rolling glory. One can only assume that in doing so, he passed through to the other side to commune with the spirits of Roland past. Perhaps in that secret crevice of existence he has discovered the ability to transcend the inconvenient boundaries that separate man and machine.

My only small quibble with this video was the sound. My ears felt that the "three year old hitting a cardboard box with a spoon" sound the engineer coaxed from the kit did not square well with the oily goodness of the Rolands nor the "I've just tiled the whole house" effects present on the sax.

It did not escape notice that at 12:43 the green caterpillar, presumably terrified by this sonic warning of impending cosmic doom, chose a more certain path towards self-determination, taking her piece of white card with her.

This listener however, will definitely stick around to hear more. At least, that is, until the cruel and fiery universe brings an end to it all.