Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio Privia PX-S3000 review at Piano Buyer

Looking at the MIDI implementation chart of the PX-S3000 User Guide, the knobs output control change "in accordance with knob set setting." What I believe this means is it depends on which knob set is⦠set. Unfortunately, I haven't found something that says which knob sets send which control changes.

I don't have them all documented, but it sends CC's when it is a general type of message (Filter Cutoff, Chorus, Reverb controls etc.) When it is doing stuff like internal DSP parameters there are no CC's going out.

Jerry

Rod Tompkins posted a CC chart over at the Casio Forums' PX-S forum. It's a pain to copy/paste in here, but this should be what you want:

PX-S3000 Knob CC chart

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing the internal speakers turn off when you plug into the headphones out?

Correct.

is there a way to disable the internal speakers, when you use external PA?

Just by plugging in something in the headphone jack. That's common behavior for most keyboards with internal speakers.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks! And did someone mention a USB Midi? I see in the review you can use Chordana. Have you tried to connect Casio PX-s3000 to other DAWs? Was it complicated (drivers to find/load), or simple? Thx!

tripp323

Nord Electro, Kawai MP, Roland JX-305, Korg T1 & 707

Thanks! And did someone mention a USB Midi? I see in the review you can use Chordana. Have you tried to connect Casio PX-s3000 to other DAWs? Was it complicated (drivers to find/load), or simple? Thx!

It's Class Compliant. So that would be simple.

It connects right up to my Mac Mini. No special drivers. It plays nicely in Mainstage, Gig Performer, and all VSTs I have (PianoTeq, Arturia, Kontakt, etc..)

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu: