Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Triple pedal for Yamaha

I have a Yamaha MOXF8. I want to buy a triple pedal for when playing acoustic piano on the keyboard. I want to make sure whatever I buy is compatible with the Yamaha, I assume most pedals would work with it, but want to avoid buying one that won't work. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

The reason I want the pedal is to play sustain, sostenuto and soft.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most pedals like this are dedicated to the device and are not meant to work with any keyboard. That includes the ones for the Korg pianos, the Casios, and the Nord Stage 2.

Modular triple pedals with the damper having the ability to do half-pedaling are rare as hens' teeth. CME used to make one, the GPP-3, which is treasured by those who have it and rarely shows up used.

Current offerings include the Studiologic VFO-3-10, which doesn't allow half pedaling and won't work with your MOFX8 unless Yamaha has finally added the ability to polarity-sense pedals... the pedal switches are normally open and Yamaha traditionally takes normally closed. The VFP3/15 model is basically three normally closed pedal switches in a box, requiring three jacks to hook them up, and still has no half pedaling.

Then there's the Roland RPU-3, which should work with your Yamaha but may not give you half-pedal capability (the literature says that only works with Roland keyboards, but it doesn't explain the mechanics of it all).

If I come up with any others, I'll let you know. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music