Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Roland RD-4000 ?

Fleer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like being retired :D

I buy whatever I like .

Not quite sold on the Rd 8000 or RD-40,000 or whatever someone makes up ;)

Last I knew Roland employees sign a NDA.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

So we should now speculate on an unsubstantiated rumor? Roland synths definitely have their appeal, but their AP, EP, and virtual B3 offerings have been seriously flawed, in my view. What Roland does best, IMO, is gigging form factor. Yet the RD2000 isn't a good example of that. Too heavy and bulky. Can they reverse that trend in a future RD? I'd like to see that . . .

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

They should have stopped at the RD-1000 (and MKS-20). Gotta love Structured/Adaptive Synthesis...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

They should have stopped at the RD-1000 (and MKS-20). Gotta love Structured/Adaptive Synthesis...

Yup! I still keep the home version of the S/A piano around at home. I always loved Piano 3. It did the same job as the CP-70/80, but mo betta.

Agreed, the acoustic piano sounds were mediocre at best but EPs shone above anything at the time.

30 years ago I used to run an RD 200 midied to an MKS 20 tuned an octave lower - glorious! Piano three and the EPs stand on their own, but the most appealing thing was the amazing touch response - I've not played a keyboard since that's a patch on the RD in that respect.

But times and tastes change and things move on .....I still have the MKS 20 though!

Another RD-1000 fan here. Love the way the keyboard feels, and the EP sounds are great, especially with the chorus.

411.jpg.38f674d4e1451ca502ed45d63a179754.jpg

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud