Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motion Sound at NAMM?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have not been at NAMM for many years, if my memory serves me correctly. They went through a defunct era and may still be getting back on their feet. A lot of manufacturers have started skipping NAMM as it's expensive to get a booth and the ROI is more questionable.

They have not been at NAMM for many years, if my memory serves me correctly. They went through a defunct era and may still be getting back on their feet. A lot of manufacturers have started skipping NAMM as it's expensive to get a booth and the ROI is more questionable.

Indeed, that's what I thought. But one of the guys (Jeff) was there last year showing the first amp (the 408) out of a hotel room. I never connected with him to see or hear it, but I was emailing him. I'm hoping they might do the same this year? But yeah, a full blown booth would not make sense at all.

Getting a small booth is not _that_ expensive (a company I was involved in investigated this a few years ago). But I agree that the ROI may still be questionable. Most people seems to have shifted their NAMM presence from doing business talk (which is impossible anyway), to a way of getting "free" Instagram publicity.

Rock bottom bass

Fakebook Pro Sheet Music Reader - at every gig!

It's not just the cost of the booth, it's the overhead associated with getting gear there, set up, having reps on the floor etc. and then tearing it all down. The cost of renting a booth is just part of the equation. The publicity can at times be "priceless" but more and more companies are starting to bow out. I don't think Moog has been there for a year or two, DSI the same, I believe even Behringer stopped showcasing their keyboards and other things. My memory is fuzzy from one NAMM to the next, but this has all been within the past few years.

I don't think Moog has been there for a year or two, DSI the same, I believe even Behringer stopped showcasing their keyboards and other things.

I don't know about Moog, but Behringer announced that they were not going to participate at NAMM (or even Frankfurt) but instead focus on their own events (for all the brands in the Music Tribe group).

Rock bottom bass

They really need to save NAMM and take it to Vegas along with excellent productions.

Hope I"m not offending folks but babes and gear made NAMM.

Go check out CES in Vegas and you"ll understand why NAMM is just not happening.

They really want your attention with fantastic presentations, lights, super hot booth babes, even beverages, etc.

Much rather see new software and hardware and big presentations instead of elderly rockers and their wives in spandex.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

They really need to save NAMM and take it to Vegas along with excellent productions.

Hope I"m not offending folks but babes and gear made NAMM.

Go check out CES in Vegas and you"ll understand why NAMM is just not happening.

They really want your attention with fantastic presentations, lights, super hot booth babes, even beverages, etc.

Much rather see new software and hardware and big presentations instead of elderly rockers and their wives in spandex.

Different background history, reasons to exist and intended audience. This may change, as no one can make any actual business in the NAMM booths anyway these days. But for the foreseeable future I cannot see NAMM leaving Anaheim.

And regarding the babes part, that is definitely not hip any longer. Get over it.

Rock bottom bass