Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This reeeeally wide angle lens can see in back of itself!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given how wide it is (and that I am a night photographer), the first use I can think of is aiming it straight up in a very dark sky place and doing a really long time-lapse. You would get the entire night sky, with all the celestial bodies drifting across the sky. But you would also get context because you would get the trees or rocks or whatever was around it so it wouldn't just be this astrophotography exercise, but a full night time-lapse.

Given how wide it is (and that I am a night photographer), the first use I can think of is aiming it straight up in a very dark sky place and doing a really long time-lapse. You would get the entire night sky, with all the celestial bodies drifting across the sky. But you would also get context because you would get the trees or rocks or whatever was around it so it wouldn't just be this astrophotography exercise, but a full night time-lapse.

My first thought was one of these on each side of helmet, recording video. Could make an interesting scene in a movie that way.

Your idea sounds excellent!! Somehow, I suspect it will be rare and expensive. Maybe a one time rental?

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

The article finished with this: "As for what C-4 is planning to do with the lens, there are definitely plans to put this thing on sale. But it'll cost a pretty penny, and likely never make it through to the rental fleet, so you can expect it to be quite the collector's item."

And elsewhere, they noted that the front element alone was $5000.

The article finished with this: "As for what C-4 is planning to do with the lens, there are definitely plans to put this thing on sale. But it'll cost a pretty penny, and likely never make it through to the rental fleet, so you can expect it to be quite the collector's item."

And elsewhere, they noted that the front element alone was $5000.

Just a drop in the bucket, all I need to do is win the lottery.

I guess I'd have to want the lens too. It is magnificent but somebody who will use it should get it.

I see no reason why a rental house wouldn't buy one, especially after they mentioned it.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. I believe the people who are making the lens run lensrental.com.