Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why someone could choose Vox Continental over Nord Electro?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it new for $975 (without the stand) and I�m simply in love with this keyboard. Contains five Kronos engines, over 10GB of samples, and that remarkable NuTube. Impeccable �made in Japan� build and a perfect waterfall keybed.

Being that you're in the US, that's a very aggressive price. Places like Sweetwater aren't even in the same ball park. They are advertising $1699 for the 61 key and $1899 for the 73 key with stand. I don't like the stand and I already HAVE stands. Sweetwater should Post a price without stand too.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

too late to edit above... clarifying on the PC4... yes you can improve it with a Vent, and it's easier than on lots of other boards because of its assignable outs. While the Vent is something of an equalizer among models in terms of overall tone, rotary effect, and overdrive, there will still be differences, for example, in the sound of the percussion.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)