Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Melodica.... this made me laugh

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, don't diss the melodica. I still have the one my Dad bought me in 1971 (all the while grumbling about how much it cost), which I still haul out and play pretty regularly at live shows. Anyone else a big melodica fan? I find it suits me well because I'm so full of hot air...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Nope, didn't make me laugh -- I was too impressed by the musicianship. It's the first time I have seen that level of artistry on that instrument. My reaction to the funny parts was "Get out of he way, you're interrupting the music!"

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

It"s a cute schtick. Costume changes. Give the proletariat a good reason to laugh at music they think is already ridiculous. Same as it ever was.

Here"s my update on an old musical joke:

'What do you call a musician without a good schtick?'

'A software engineer.'

:rimshot:

Don Fagen is probably the only person in the world who looks cool playing melodica.

Baloney!

Our ownâ¦

[video:youtube]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI