Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GSI Gemini Web App Editor won't stay loaded

Using the GSI Gemini with the DMC-122. The Wifi signal works fine. I open a browser and connect to the editor. It shows up and takes control of the keyboard. Occasionally I can get to the select engine page and load up an instrument. At this point, and usually much sooner, if not immediately, the process stalls and I get a message saying "cant connect to server". Refreshing the browser restarts the process, but usually just times out after one try.

GSI says the problem is on my end. That my OS or browser has a setting that I need to find and change. I have dug as deep as I can in my settings and can't seem to change anything that affects this. It works better with Firefox than Edge, and Chrome not at all. I have tried on a Windows laptop, a chromebook, an Android, and an Ipad, all with the same result. Tried all sorts of restarting and unplugging and resetting etc. What possible setting is causing this interruption? I can't use the editor long enough to do anything, nevermind create my setup.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it possibly be connecting to another known wifi network? I seem to recall I was having that issue a while back. I mostly use an ipad to interface with the Gemini, and I went into wifi settings to forget all other known networks. Strange that Chrome doesn't work at all for you; that's what works best on my iPad. But it sounds potentially more like a network / wifi issue rather than browser. Good luck - I wish there was a non wifi way of connecting with the Gemini, as it is pretty spotty / unreliable at times.
Knabe baby grand, Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Wurlitzer 200A, Clavinet C, Minimoog Model D, Synthesizers.com modular, Sequential Prophet 6, GSI DMC-122 and Gemini module, Kurzweil PC3-X

I wish there was a non wifi way of connecting with the Gemini as it is pretty spotty / unreliable at times.
I agree with this but not because of the unreliability; I always get a reliable signal and can connect. My issue is that if I need to make an adjustment the phone screen is pretty small and while trying to scroll through an effects page i accidentally move an unintended parameter; also moving a parameter can be a pain; i might want to move a parameter from 64 to 56 but i often over/undershoot the value because of the size of the screen. An editor like the Mojo editor would be my preferred choice.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Connects everytime. As a matter of fact once I turned the unit on I could go to my phone and I'll already be connected. I just get irritated scolling and my finger adjusting some unintended parameter. An editor like the Mojo's would be a lot easier to deal with (for me) and probably a lot faster. What Denkom67 mentioned makes sense about connecting to another network. I would try "forgetting" all other networks so that it doesn't do an auto connect to another network. Sounds like the issue to me.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I have no problems connecting either and it stays connected. My iPhone will actually connect to the Gemini automatically within a few minutes of switching on. I use it with my iPad most of the time and occasionally with my desktop. Sometimes I have to refresh the page but it hasn't disconnected. Maybe you need a new WiFi dongle. BTW how close are you to your wireless router? What devices are you using to connect. I am using IOS with Safari and have not tried it with either Chrome or Firefox.