Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Capricorn Sound Studios revived

Interesting short article from AP:

Iconic Southern rock recording studio is revived in Georgia

The Georgia music studio that fused blues, country and other sounds into Southern rock is being reborn.

Capricorn Sound Studios in Macon helped propel the Allman Brothers Band and other groups to stardom in the 1970s.

One of the interesting tidbits:

The Allman Brothers Band became so popular that they helped a former Georgia governor named Jimmy Carter win the 1976 presidential election by performing at campaign events, Carter has said. Carter told Mercer graduates at their 2016 commencement that he might not have been elected if the band hadn"t 'adopted' him.

'Gregg Allman was better known than I was at that time,' Carter said in 2017. 'The band got the campaign political attention and raised much needed funds.'

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very cool. The Power Station in NYC is now run by Berklee. There is precedent for this so hopefully this will also be a success!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Fun news about Capricorn Studios. Can't wait to see what comes from this.

Macon is a terrific music town... Otis Redding, Little Richard, Allman Bros., R.E.M.

And the food ain't bad either... H&H Fried Chicken and Fincher's BBQ.

I drive through Macon every chance I get.

Steve Coscia