Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi-OT: Worst repair jobs ever

On Sunday's new episode of "The Simpsons," Reverend Lovejoy says "I'm getting a new organist." The old woman who has been playing it for years scowls at him, plucks a key out of the organ, gulps it down and says "Good luck with that. I just swallowed middle C." Imagine being organ-repair savvy enough for the job and asking where the key went. Imagine being asked if you think you can recover it. Better yet, don't. I'm glad there's a "Simpsons" to balance out the news a little. :D

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen awful work on Leslie's and Hammonds . Check out the technicians forum over on Facebook. There are horror stories on that page of people doing bad things or bad work.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Imagine being asked if you think you can recover it.

TheCoroner_NCIS_7428.jpg

We were hanging out and our drummer friend played enough guitar to be dangerous. Well he was playing my guitar and he would sometimes play with his finger and put the pick in his mouth. Being me I cracked a joke and everyone is laughing hard and the drummer laughed and swallowed the guitar pick. We're laughing and he starts jumping up and down and screaming "I swallowed the pick!". Were like no big deal it will pass, drummer won't stop freaking out so we take him to the ER (that was before the time of the Doc' In a Box urgent care). So doctor comes out and looks with his flashlight and says.... I can't see where the pick was there are tracks down your throat. So doctor take drummer in back to make sure the pick has passed past the critical area. So he's in there awhile and the nurse comes out and we ask her how our friend is doing. She says he's fine the pick is far enough down he will just pass it. I say the pick is kind of big will pass??? The nurse gives us the nastiest looks and says.... Oh bigger things than that can fit! then she walks away.

So our drummer friend was still concerned so doctor told his you want to force it down the rest of the way just go eat some dinner rolls and if you really want you can inspect your poop until you find it in a day or two. That was back when KFC included dinner rolls with their chicken so we all got boxes of chicken and gave the dinner rolls to our drummer buddy. Who after that he started only messing around playing bass with his fingers.