Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

east west hollywood strings

lsj

I am using fl studio 20.5 and am thinking of purchasing east west Hollywood strings, gold edition. read somewhere that this library is a bear when it comes to eating up computer memory, and that it does crash at times. would appreciate any comments about this software...â¦.thanx...â¦..Larry

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own their Orchestral/Symphonic choir libraries. They run just fine on my computer, but I have 98 gig ram and have them installed on Samsung SSD pro. My other comment is that even their close mic samples have hall reverb. It could be an issue depending on the type of music you write. If you have other dry libraries, you can totally layer them without having to add hall reverb and stuff.
www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

Good advice about Samsung M.2"s and SSD"s with their Magician software.

I use PLAY + HS live and even Kontakt Disco Strings + runs.

Really well recorded and PLAY 4 is when I really noticed their SSE4 Optimizations made loading tons of their patches a cinch.

Why not buy the Cloud Subscription and try everything first?

20 bucks a month to audition some of the best instruments you can buy.

Dongle is needed but can used just to check in once a month, leave it home when you"re gigging.

Been using E/W libraries since Gigastudio and Quantum Lea- Brass by Nick Phoenix.

Their Indian (dot not tomahawk) instrument sound fantastic in a live venue.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I have the entire Hollywood Orchestra - I use it in Cubase with only 32 GB Ram, without much issue. As noted, SSD is really a must for it though. Play version 6 is better to me than Play version 5. Not sure what Hollywood Strings comes with these days.