Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Orleans Music Suggestions this weekend?

Hi all,

I have lived and played in Baton Rouge and New Orlenas until moving to Florida 20 years ago. I'll be meeting friends in New Orleans on Saturday, staying Saturday and Sunday night. Anyone have some "must see" music suggestions? I've included the entertainment link, but I've been gone so long I wouldn't know where to start. Thanks!

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

https://www.neworleans.com/events/live-music-calendar/?skip=72&startDate=12%2F07%2F2019&endDate=12%2F08%2F2019&sort=date

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While this isn't specific to this weekend, have you checked out this thread from last spring? Lots of places named.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I was thinking more about specific acts that I may not know about, being gone for so long. Joe Krown is at Maple Leaf on Sunday and that's about the only name I'm familiar with. Thanks!

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

I was thinking more about specific acts that I may not know about, being gone for so long. Joe Krown is at Maple Leaf on Sunday and that's about the only name I'm familiar with. Thanks!

We have a trip there planned for the end of the month, and the cool thing is we have no idea who we will see. I'm sure there will be some cool stuff because it's that kind of town. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I met this guy when I was in Nola earlier this year. He let me sit in with his band on Bourbon St. Looks like he is playing in a large band this Friday. You can find him on FB Michael Burkart and he is playing with Marc Stone Band/New Soul Finders at Cavern Lounge 2227 St Claude Ave this Friday Dec 6th. 9pm-12. Mikey B3 (Michael is know as) is a badass player/vocalist worth $10

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I"m in New Orleans until Sunday.

Finally got my piano lesson with Jon Cleary this afternoon. I got it for kicking in for his crowd-sourcing for a record a couple of years ago. Super nice guy. Spent about an hour and a half. There are some very distinctive and specific things in NOLA piano that made a lot more sense being explained and demonstrated rather than just learning by listening. Gave me some things to work on later. Great experience.

Unfortunately, he is not playing anywhere this week.

If you decide on something for Saturday night I"d love to join up with you.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P