Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mono Splitting with Cable

When I got my Casiotone S300 a few weeks back, I didn't realize that model also came with an 1/8in Audio In jack. What Luck! I also bought a tiny Ukulele-sized bass guitar I'm going to be traveling with. In a pinch, the C300 makes for a half-decent bass practice amp. The only problem is the jack expects a stereo source, so when I plug in my (mono) bass, it only comes out on the left side. If I jiggle the plug I can get it to go to the right, and MAYBE to both.

Here are the arrangements I've tried, both of which only give me mono out of one speaker:

⢠Bass -> 1/4" TS cable -> 1/8" TS adaptor -> keyboard in

⢠Bass -> 1/8" TRS adaptor -> 1/8" TRS cable -> keyboard in

I was thinking that TS (mono) to TRS (stereo) would bleed the Tip to both Tip/Ring, but it doesn't appear to. Any ideas?

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like it might work:

https://www.amazon.com/Tisino-3-5mm-Stereo-Interconnect-Cable/dp/B07K59LS1N

---

Per the description:

- This cable is designed to split a mono signal from a 1/4" output into both channels (left and right channel) of a 3.5mm input, It could be used to connect a mixing console, guitar amp, bass, mono radio to a portable media player, cell phone, laptop, recording device, or similar device.

- This only used as a mono (output) to stereo (input) connect, if it used as a stereo (output) to mono (input), this could burnout the stereo output stage of the device. The 3.5mm plug is a standard 3 pole (2 rings and a tip) connector, This won't work on an iPhone or Android phone which has 4 Pole TRRS port. You may need a TRS to TRRS adapter.

---

Since it's Amazon Prime, if it doesn't work as advertised, you can return it at no cost, with no shipping charges.

Also, if I correctly understand what you're trying to do, the title of the thread might be better stated as, "Splitting Mono Output to Stereo Input". I always understood summing to be combining a stereo output into a mono input.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

Great! The Casiotone is on my Christmas wish list, so it"s good to hear how people are using the various features.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

...when I plug in my (mono) bass, it only comes out on the left side...

By the OP I'd assume he can hear it OK but only from one speaker. The solutions recommended here should be OK.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.