Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Did you Black Friday anything?

RABid

u-he's Zebra 2 is on sale, very tempting...especially considering that will apply toward Zebra 3. But bottom line I have enough synths and probably lack the patience to really make the best use of a semi-modular like Zebra.

However, I am probably going to get a choir/vocal Kontakt instrument, a guitar bundle, and a percussion "epic drum" style Kontakt instrument, all on sale. I like doing soundtrack-y type stuff so these should be a lot of fun.

Edit: also, Galileo organs are/were on sale along with all the other IOS plugins by that company. 2.99, can't really go wrong to see if it can sound better than the MODX b3 organ.

Lots of soft synths out there but none of them playback on stage monitors as well as Zebra.

I heard on IMAX with the Diva Filters in the HZ version I also have.

It was my first soft synth. I also use Omnisphere but more for samples and Keyscape.

Tried many and none get that vintage hardware sound as well.

Even the dual Oscillator glide makes mono patches very worthy.

In case you needed a push thought I"d help out.

Zebra 3 won"t be core locked like HZ, and the the filters are suppose to be as good as HZ/Diva and more numerous.

If you don"t get 2.9, make sure you get 3.0.

No need to drag along hardware but I still prefer my SE-02, thankfully it"s tiny.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a lot of hemming and hawing, broke down and got a MODX8 on Wed, $1699.99. Thinking I still might get a PC4 within the next 45 days to compare with MODX8. Unfortunately, I"m sure there won"t be any sales on the PC4 anytime soon...

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

I agree that all Black Friday offers aren't necessarily better offers than at other times during the year. There are exceptions, though.

I bought a six-channel Behringer headphone amp + 6 decent headphones + relevant cables for a recording project.

Not because it was Black Friday, just that I had the spare time to do the research.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Ugh... Zebra2 is VERY tempting, I've been looking at it for years due to its inclusion of 4 Random LFOs (Equator has 2, which is the next best thing). I use Random LFOs a lot for my day job.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

I did, actually. There are a number of plugins and software programs that I've wanted for a while, but couldn't justify the cost ($200+ a pop, anyone?). A bunch of them happened to have large discounts over Black Friday. It helps that I've got email subscriptions to a ton of vendors I suppose.

Okie dokie. I spent a grand total of $255.68 yesterday. But it's all stuff that was on my bucket list, that I couldn't afford at the normal prices. And it's all going to be super useful.

• Celemony Melodyne 4 Essential - $49
  • Sonarworks Reference 4 Headphone Edition - $59
  • Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 (the acoustic-simulation "vr" one) - $64.50
  • Waves Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain - $27
  • Waves OneKnob Pumper - $19.99
  • Waves dbx 160 Compressor/Limiter - free because I spent over $50 at Waves
  • Waves Abbey Road Chambers - also free because I spent over $100 at Waves

Also got a freebie from Waves thanks to a pre-Black Friday signup email - "Berzerk" - it's some kind of distortion plugin, brand new for Black Friday, and will eventually cost $99.

Gotta say, it's kind of weird spending that much on stuff I can't even touch... :laugh:

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I also picked up Camelot Pro iOS for $19.99. It will be a while before I've got a chance to do much with it, but at least it's there as an option now. Put it off for a long time. Still loving KeyStage however.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Last year was my big Black Friday purchase my RD-2000, but this year picked up a copy of Chordie the MIDI display program I happen to see a BF discount on. Might get a small MIDI controller on Cyber Monday, like to get something for my desk to use in front of my computer.

In my continuing quest for a good tv/couch keyboard (criteria: >= 4 octave full size touch sensitive keys, minimal footprint, light weight, speakers, usb-midi class compliant, and battery power)...Casio ct-s300 for $115. Can"t see how i will be disappointed for that little investment.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Finally bit the bullet and bought a QSC K8.2 from Avshop.ca who have a 10% OFF black Friday cyber Monday deal. Not much of a saving but I found out earlier this year QSC does not allow retailers to discount their speakers and I never have seen them on sale so I feel good about it. At least it was free shipping and the 10% covered the tax so better than nothing. Can't wait to compare it to my CPS Spacestation and decide where to go from there.

Kurzweil PC3K8/ GSI Gemini Desktop/ ESI UNIK 8+ monitors/ QSC K8.2/ Radial Key Largo/ CPS Spacestation 

u-he's Zebra 2 is on sale, very tempting...especially considering that will apply toward Zebra 3. But bottom line I have enough synths and probably lack the patience to really make the best use of a semi-modular like Zebra.

However, I am probably going to get a choir/vocal Kontakt instrument, a guitar bundle, and a percussion "epic drum" style Kontakt instrument, all on sale. I like doing soundtrack-y type stuff so these should be a lot of fun.

Edit: also, Galileo organs are/were on sale along with all the other IOS plugins by that company. 2.99, can't really go wrong to see if it can sound better than the MODX b3 organ.

Lots of soft synths out there but none of them playback on stage monitors as well as Zebra.

I heard on IMAX with the Diva Filters in the HZ version I also have.

It was my first soft synth. I also use Omnisphere but more for samples and Keyscape.

Tried many and none get that vintage hardware sound as well.

Even the dual Oscillator glide makes mono patches very worthy.

In case you needed a push thought I"d help out.

Zebra 3 won"t be core locked like HZ, and the the filters are suppose to be as good as HZ/Diva and more numerous.

If you don"t get 2.9, make sure you get 3.0.

No need to drag along hardware but I still prefer my SE-02, thankfully it"s tiny.

mkuterk86,; xc-c -0o XK,-k[]90o-p=[

Oh, and I had my first flute lessons today ð
That must be interesting with your developed trumpet embroshure!

Ordered a 150watthour battery plus inverter (100w) on sale from $126 to $75, has QC 3.

150wh battery inverter for $75

Hopefully this'll run my Pa1000 speakers for 4 hours or more at loud volume.

Had a 250wh battery/inverter that I returned, worked surprisingly well even with running the speakers on my Pa1000 (66w) PLUS my QSC K8.2 or K10 (about 3 hours at moderately loud volume). But realized for that I'd like to have headroom, I need a 400wh battery/inverter to do that.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Bought nothing yet.

Even though I hate extraneous doo-dads in my rig tomorrow I may look at stand alone hardware samplers like a SP-404xx to potentially replace the sampler in the FA-06. My thoughts were to replace the FA-06!in April 2020 but I need the sampler so I was going to get a Fantom 7. But the Fantom is a lot of money. If I had the stand alone sampler I may consider the MODX7 or something else. I"ll be running the rig from the K2-88 regardless.

Objectively the rig is fine as it sits. I just hate the action on the FA.

What I"m going to need is new cases.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Didn't even buy a black Friday turkey this year. Usually I get one after they're all half price. Really strapped for cash this year. I get paid year end bonus based on percent to goal. Strapped me with a huge goal this year as a reward for doing so well last year, lol. The cynic in my thinks that since they paid out so much last year, they gave unobtainable goals this year so they could make up for it. I actually did OK relative to the economy, but still way under goal, which means no bonus, and no frivolous purchases, not even a 1/2 off turkey. Maybe next year.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Oh, and I had my first flute lessons today ð
That must be interesting with your developed trumpet embroshure!

"Don't blow that hard!" was the first thing my wife (who happens to be my instructor ;-)) told me when I tried my first note after some basic "how does the instrument work" and "how to hold it" instructions. Playing trumpet seems a breeze compared to this! A LOT of air is lost and for the first time since like 3 decades on playing brass, I was dizzy from playing a note on a wind instrument! What inefficiency ð

But... as the piano is steady learning me to use more than 3 fingers and some triggers to go through the scales, I'm certain I can get a handle on the flute as well, giving enough time. Looking forward to that!

Trumpet player by trade, but fell in love with keys too.

Didn't even buy a black Friday turkey this year. Usually I get one after they're all half price. Really strapped for cash this year. I get paid year end bonus based on percent to goal. Strapped me with a huge goal this year as a reward for doing so well last year, lol. The cynic in my thinks that since they paid out so much last year, they gave unobtainable goals this year so they could make up for it. I actually did OK relative to the economy, but still way under goal, which means no bonus, and no frivolous purchases, not even a 1/2 off turkey. Maybe next year.

Wow, Dan! Your story sounds so much like the experience that my wife had working for the bank years ago. In the face of such bull shit, I supported her resigning. She left that job and ended up earning more money working for a non-profit organization.

It is common to feel constant pressure from people who have power over us. In keeping with forum rules about political discussion, all I can say is that you are not alone and that active engagement in any sort of positive advocacy might help reduce feelings of being victimized that you might hold. That won't necessarily put a turkey in the pot, but at worst you get to go down swinging.

I took advantage of NI"s 50% off Black Friday and bought the Definitive Piano Collection for $99. My first foray into virtual pianos. Only got to breeze quickly through The Maverick and The Gentleman, but I like their character.

I also took advantage of a healthy promotional coupon from Musician"s Friend to score a Zoom H4n Pro. Told my wife to stick it under the tree.

I didn't see any savings beyond the typical mass emails I get from guitar center and Sweetwater. Same prices and promotions as always except it said "black Friday" on the email.

Disappointed. I would've liked to see some deals on a Korg Grandstand or SV1

Nothing I want is every on sale. They can't make a profit on stuff that already isn't marked that much up on. I have bought 4 Leslies in the last two months and have to dump them eventually.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Did anybody else get hilarious alerts last Wednesday that their individualized "Black Friday" discount codes would expire that night (two days before actual Black Friday!) and to act fast?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I've gotten so many BF and CM (and GT) emails I've completely lost track. It was a good reminder to unsubscribe when I'd not look at my email for an hour or two and have a dozen or more new ones.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I did but not sure any discounts were involved, LOL.

I've ordered Stylophone Gen-8

Osmose Keyboard (well, reserved)

Behringer RD-8

I just hope I stay alive long enought to see them all ;)

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments.