Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I have a Kurzweil PC161

70x7

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is probably yes to both of those questions. If Kurzweil does not have a sysex file for the PC161, you could probably find one online. That is assuming that the presets are in fact lost.

Yamaha CP-73, Hammond SK Pro 73, Yamaha MODX 7, Roland Fantom 06, Roland VK-8M, Yamaha FS1R

Download the PC161 manual from Kurzweil's site. Then look on page A-1 (appendix) towards the end.

It says:

"...Replacing the battery may erase the programs and setups that you have created, so back them up

using a MIDI SysEx dump as described on page 4-7. When you are finished, turn off the power

and remove all cables from your PC1 including the power adapter..."

PC161 is like the PC2 that I have. Factory patches will not be lost if the battery dies, they are in ROM. Any edits to them will be lost, and any user patches that have been created will be lost. I wrote a LONG set of messages on how to use MIDI-OX with sysex if you do need to save or load user programs and changes to factory objects, hosted on the Mastering VAST Forum

(different username, but you probably are same person, there aren't all that many PC161 questions showing up here.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim