Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mudder pop filter thingie - anybody use?

I have no affiliation. I wonder at the marketing of a microphone related product named "Mudder". We don't want mud, do we? :- D

If the demo in the video is authentic then they do seem to work fine. Less cumbersome to set up than the "Pencil trick".

just got a couple of these. Cheap and I like the form factor. The video I linked has foam on the inside, the ones received have a mesh fabric on the outside, covering the metal screen.

The bands are cheap (aren't they always?) but it looks like thin zip ties would work fine to secure this to a mic. The frame is all plastic, seems pretty benign. Might scratch paint but probably not metal.

I paid a lot more for a Blue pop filter, even on sale but it is much better suited for end address mics and this is nice for side address. I paid $6.74 each with free shipping and they showed up quickly (from California I think).

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I tried the Mudder on a CAD D82 ribbon and CAD Equitek E100 (2).

I was testing a few things, will post in my other thread.

The Mudder did a good job of cleaining up both pop and sibilence, back off 1.5" back from the screen and all of my unwanted mouth noises have been diffused. The explosive popping sound the ribbon would make is very difficult to make with the Mudder on, my natural singing voice isn't going to do it. It was my least favorite thing about the ribbon. FWIW, I also tried the "pencil trick" with the ribbon, I used a rubber band to hold a pencil directly in front of the ribbon. This completely diffuses the plosives but vocals lacked body so I took it back off.

Can't go wrong for the price. I have no affiliation. See my first post for one link, I just got them on eBay.

Downsides are both of my mics are a bit too wide and squared off to fit as the Mudder is designed for - and the rubber bands suck (as always!!!!).

I may improvise improved mounting but I plan on leaving them on. They won't need to be adjusted like a gooseneck, I LOVE that!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.