Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Modartt released Organteq

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The instrument sounds very much as it should, especially at the current $269 price, wow. If anything, its over-endowed for use by mere mortals like me. Its more capable than most real pipe organs I've heard and the two I've laid hands to personally. I'm tempted, yet its also a case of my NOT being dedicated to the usual liturgy. I'm not a big user of the sotto voce area. I'm more prone to synthesize a full swell surrogate for the bombastic moments. Its way too late for me to take up the pipe organ as a new way of life. Trust me, it is. The bigger the pipe organ, the more limited your time becomes for everything else. You can d*ck around on synths at different levels, but if you don't plan to all but marry this thing, let it pass. It sounds excellent, so its going to give the Hauptwerk a run for its money.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Wasn"t convinced until I heard Grand jeu demo,2nd to the last demo.

I"ll have to woodshed Kieth Emerson"s Three Fates again.

Been a while, I spent close to a year learning the Piano, then found out there"s sheet music, went and saw the mistakes I learned.

The organ was much easier and this plug in will sound better than the old samples I got.

Love Modartt.

These guys have never stopped since day 1, back when their Piano really sucked.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

I forgot to look at the feature set, as I didn't care for the audio demos for the most part, in comparison to my king of organ libraries (VSL Konzarthaus Organ). Mostly some mid-range woofiness that bothered me, but the upper register stuff was impressive and very articulate on the fast passages. I wonder how this compares feature-wise to Hauptwerk and other such established programs?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Didn't like the demos either, too much reverb muddied things up.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

You know, that's a good point about reverb. At the time of the release of VSL Konzerthaus Organ, VSL was all about 100% dry (they now have their Synchron Stage series, which is NOT dry), and had to explain why their organ library couldn't or shouldn't be dry. As they explained, the room or venue is a big part of the sound; every organ is designed and installed with its space in mind. I would think this would be extremely difficult to recreate with modeling; at least in a first rev.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Damn it. Damm, damn, damn, DAMN IT. I do not have time for this. Those volumes of Franck, Vierne, Widor, Messiaen, Langlais, and Alain in stacked boxes in my closet will remain there.

Damn it.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Well, if the verb was tasty I wouldn't complain, but come on how sloppy can you get.

Not only that but every demo was noisy as hell and what was up with that stack of

what ever hitting the ground or table at the beginning of each one.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

I am a huge fan of Modartt and have been since Pianoteq 1. Organteq isn't really my cup of tea, but if the amount of work Niclas and his people have put into Pianoteq over the years is any indication, Organteq will only get better as it gets older.

It's kind of insane how much power you get over every aspect of the model in these plugins. Even the cheapest version of Pianoteq is amazingly kickass against all but the most expensive and huge sampled pianos, and it runs well on older CPUs and takes up practically no disk space. I stopped using sample-based pianos years ago and never miss them; Pianoteq gives me all I need and then some.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music