Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Minimoog D alternative?

I'm looking for some recommendations for buying a synth that I'll mainly use for Fish-era Marillion like minimoog D lead sounds. I don't want to use software such as NI Monark with a laptop - it'll be on stage and I prefer hardware in the way I have things set up. If it has a vocoder with mic function built-in that would be a big plus. Any recommendation?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An obvious consideration would be the Behringer D. I had an original Mini way back when, and bought the Behringer earlier this year. Haven"t had an opportunity to compare it side by side with a Mini, but I like it so far. No vocoder, and only available as rack. But hard to go wrong for the $.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

An obvious consideration would be the Behringer D. I had an original Mini way back when, and bought the Behringer earlier this year. Haven"t had an opportunity to compare it side by side with a Mini, but I like it so far. No vocoder, and only available as rack. But hard to go wrong for the $.

+1 on the Behringer. If you can live without the vocoder, it is a super cost-effective and authentic option.

Check out the Dave Smith Mono Evolver Keyboard. I use one in my Floyd tribute, and it"s great. Sometimes through a Boss RE20 tape echo/spring reverb sim, which to my ears gives an amazing vintage feel too.

I love the idea of a Mini or Voyager, or more recently the Poly-D, but I can"t afford a Moog and the poly-D"s lack of presets makes it a no go for me stage use - I'm too old for that much knob-twiddling in front of an audience!! We don"t play a huge amount, and I only really play on stage these days an no a home, but literally every time I play the Evolver I remember why I would never change the it.

Doesn"t stop me lusting, but does stop me spending money unnecessarily.

A

Kurzweil PC3K7, Hammond XK1c + custom lower keyboard, DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, Yamaha VL70m, custom Waldorf Streichfett Keyboard

justfloyd.co.uk