Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer Warp Drive Teaser

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too many disappointments over these kind of teasers in the past (mostly over videogames, but still!)

I'll pay attention when whatever-it-is is out. I like how ASM did things with the Hydrasynth: BAM, here it is!

I am looking to see how the UB-Xa turns out it must be said.

This is getting silly - Behringer have now released the Wasp! Can't be bothered starting a new topic. How many more mono synths are they going to release?

Yamaha CS10/20/30, Oscar, VCS3, OB1, Octave Cat... stop!

https://m.facebook.com/pg/BEHRINGER/posts/?ref=page_internal

I'm suffering from Behringer synth fatigue!

My vote is a 4-voice Model D - see the following video, uploaded fifteen minutes ago:

[video:youtube]

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Ok, so it is fun to speculate. Here is my guess. The Model D currently accepts a midi input. There is a processor inside to convert the midi signal to voltages for the corresponding note inputs. In the current configuration, it feeds the same voltage (corresponding to a midi note) to all three VCOs. It is a three oscillator, monophonic synth.

So..... maybe there is a firmware update to send a separate control voltage to all three VCOs. If you press a three note chord on your midi keyboard, the processor would send the corresponding voltages to the VCOs. Voila- you can play a three note chord, one oscillator per note. However, they teased "four" something. Well- the LFO accepts a CV to control the frequency (there is a jack on the front panel for this). This LFO can be pressed into service as the fourth VCO.

I'm guessing that this would be a "paraphonic" synth because there isn't an envelope generator, etc for each oscillator. I believe the envelope generators, VCA and VCF are all analog circuits.

Just my guess, but this may be plausible. It would convert the Model D to something for akin to the old Korg Mono/Poly. (I can hear the Behringer haters now.)

For the record, I think the Behringer Model D is a great pieceof kit. I really enjoy mine.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules