Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM hang

i Can't WAIT!!!! :keynana:

My hotel is to the right and behind Buca, so I won't have far to stumbleâ¦

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received word that I'll be performing on the Yamaha Grand Plaza Stage on Sunday, 1PM I think.

Congrats! Is it going to be a solo act?

No, I"m playing with a singer/trumpet player named Adelaide.

excellent news, Menno. I had been debating between an early Sunday morning flight or a late Sunday "red eye" to get me back to DC early Monday morning. Debate now over. Looking forward to seeing you perform.

Wow, thanks, Dave. I will do my best not to disappoint!

I just received word that I'll be performing on the Yamaha Grand Plaza Stage on Sunday, 1PM I think.

:cool: Keep us posted. My flight Sunday night is late enough I should be able to catch you.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bad dream about this the other night. It was Tuesday at 4:52 PM (in my dream Tuesday was the second day of the show) and because of a bunch of other stuff I was doing I not only missed the entire second day of the show after arriving too late to make the first, I also completely missed this hang.

It sucks waking up all bummed out about something that didn't really happen.

Can you tell I'm really looking forward to the hang? :boing:

Current attendees list:

dB

Eric

Zephonic

OB Dave

Nursers

zxcvbnm098

Dr. Mike

Joe Muscara

Tonysounds

Markyboard

davedoerfler

Okay...here's the current situation. :puff:

There are eleven people on this list. Apparently, Mrs. Bryce wants to come to the show. She's coming down to NAMM on Thursday and is interested in joining us for dinner to meet a few of the folks she's been hearing about for years, which would put us at twelve.

The reservation I made a while back at Buca is for a party of twelve. Not surprisingly, because of their ability to handle large parties with good food and drink for reasonable $, it's a popular place during NAMM. I looked online, and they're already pretty full that night. :idk:

I can probably call them and get the size of the reservation bumped if we need to, but would rather only do that once if possible. If so, I should probably do that relatively soon before they get totally booked...so if there are any other folks who are thinking about joining us for dinner, please let me know asap - t may be more difficult to bump the reservation the closer we get to the show.

I'm also going to try to arrange a post-dinner hang at my hotel, which is right near Buca. They have this baby grand piano there that we're taken over before...so maybe those who have other dinner plans (Jerrythek and friends) can meet up with us there later for a beverage or two. :cool:

Thx! :wave:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Apparently, Mrs. Bryce wants to come to the show. She's coming down to NAMM on Thursday and is interested in joining us for dinner

Looking forward to that. Haven't seen her for a few years. :thu:

I'm also going to try to arrange a post-dinner hang at my hotel, which is right near Buca. They have this baby grand piano there that we're taken over before...so maybe those who have other dinner plans (Jerrythek and friends) can meet up with us there later for a beverage or two. :cool:

This would be way cool. I'll be the last one to leave. :cheers:

:nopity:

Count me in as a maybe for Thursday night. Even if I don't make it to the show that day the hang sounds epic.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Count me in as a maybe for Thursday night. Even if I don't make it to the show that day the hang sounds epic.

:2thu:

I talked to the Buca folks. They've increased us to 16, but I'm told that's gonna be the limit....so if Bobby is definitely in for dinner, we have three slots left at the moment.

dB

The guitar player in my band (unbeknownst to him as yet - it's a Xmas surprise from his wife) will be going to NAMM. I could always bring him and enjoy the pile on of 12-14 keys players vs one guitar player who doesn't know the difference between a power lead and a Nord Lead :D

(but seriously, no I won't be bringing him as I'm not even sure he'll be there on the Thursday at this stage)

Updated list:

dB

Mrs. Bryce

Eric

Zephonic

OB Dave

Nursers

zxcvbnm098

Dr. Mike

Joe Muscara

Tonysounds

Markyboard

davedoerfler

Bobadoshe

Marzzzz

That's fourteen (assuming Bobby confirms). Two seats left.

Additional note: when the reservation goes over 12 people, the Buca folks require some pre-ordering. The way we typically do these things is that I ask if anybody has any dietary restrictions or requests, and then I pick a bunch of food...so If anybody has any dietary restrictions or requests, please do let me know.

dB

If anybody has any dietary restrictions or requests, please do let me know.

No seafood.

...And in the good news / bad news department, I just got a corporate gig in Palm Desert on Thursday the 16th. One of the few things I love more than y'alls company is $$ so that frees up my seat. Might see some of you on the floor on Friday. Have fun, though I know you will without me needing to say so!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

The current list. Husker in, Bobby out. Ken in.

We're at fifteen. One seat remaining.

dB

Mrs. Bryce

Eric

Zephonic

OB Dave

Nursers

zxcvbnm098

Dr. Mike

Joe Muscara

Tonysounds

Markyboard

davedoerfler

Husker

Marzzzz

KenElevenShadows

Please note that we will unfortunately not be able to increase the size of the reservation - Buca is booked solid that night. No worries - I'm planning an after party at my hotel, which is very close to Buca.

There's this piano there I wanna take over...we've done it before... :keynana:

dB

I believe I can make it. I did not see this thread because I've been out of town for the holidays. Please put me down for 1.