Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another reason to hate iLok

As if you needed another reason :laugh:

Having read that my old gen1 iLok probably wont get along with my new MBP, I went to iLok.com to see about upgrading to a 3. No upgrade, full retail. OK, it's 50bucks. But they want nearly 40bucks more for shipping that little bitty thing! $85?? Are you kidding me!

Amazon, $35, free shipping, will be here Wednesday.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you. Have wanted to talk to them the last 2 years at AES NYC, but just can't bring myself to it. Not able to use Reverb Foundry because I just can't get past this. I know, it's me, it's not you. Wish Kevin Anker were still around to back me up on this.
:nopity:

As if you needed another reason :laugh:

Having read that my old gen1 iLok probably wont get along with my new MBP, I went to iLok.com to see about upgrading to a 3. No upgrade, full retail. OK, it's 50bucks. But they want nearly 40bucks more for shipping that little bitty thing! $85?? Are you kidding me!

Amazon, $35, free shipping, will be here Wednesday.

The copy protection wing of the Avid syndicate needs to show the $ flowing each quarter too.

Maybe pickup an Avid Interface - are they throwing the newer iLoks in along with this time around?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Not able to use Reverb Foundry because I just can't get past this
Well, then I have good news. :wave:

The Reverb Foundry stuff lets yiou authorize directly to the host machine, so no need for the dongle. All you need is the iLok Manager app on your host machine. Two authorizations per license.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

So far I've been able to stick with simple serial number protection companies. I've had to pass on a few plugins that really interested me, but there have been enough substitutes (that also satisfy my "must be on sale!" bargain hunter drive) that I've been happy.

The Reverb Foundry stuff lets yiou authorize directly to the host machine, so no need for the dongle. All you need is the iLok Manager app on your host machine. Two authorizations per license

I'll have to see if I can figure that out. :facepalm:

:nopity:

The Reverb Foundry stuff lets yiou authorize directly to the host machine, so no need for the dongle. All you need is the iLok Manager app on your host machine. Two authorizations per license

I'll have to see if I can figure that out. :facepalm:

Just be mindful of the "order" in which you do things. I ditched everything iLok (even the desktop software version) a long time ago - it's a crap system and always will be (to me!). However I do recall that a couple of times I did the steps incorrectly and the only fix was to write to the software maker (not iLok!!) to free up the licence authorisations again. Mebbe it's changed now???

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Unbelievable! More whining about iLok once again. Does anyone find it perplexing that some people have absolutely no trouble at all and that it's completely transparent? Do you ever think to yourself "maybe I'm just not smart enough? Maybe it's me?" And by "me" I mean YOU!

Com'on ya dummies- it aint that difficult! But for you hopelessly feeble minded folks I'll help you out this one last time:

Get in your car and drive to San Jose and pick up the iLok in person. Zero shipping cost!

You're welcome.

:abduct: