Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: 2019 Formula 1 Season

We are brainwashed and have forgotten what racing in formula 1 should be all about,.... and Max shows it, but the majority hates the way he has upset the utter drool fest F1 had become.

He should be far more applauded than critisized,..... sadly apart from the orange army ( i am one of them) the vast majority really enjoys Max misfortune over his one of a kind racing skills..... and seeks any oppertunity to critisize him where others are left alone.

How dare Max try to re-define the boundaries of racing.....

Vriend, I'm Dutch like you but that doesn't make me a Verstappen fanboi. I think everybody here recognizes his exceptional natural talent, but when he self-destructs like he did yesterday (and to some extent, on Saturday with his big mouth), you should expect people to take him to task.

It's okay, he messed up, big time. It happens. I do agree that he did a pretty good recovery race after that.

Reframing the move on Bottas, which resulted in contact and a puncture, as brilliant is an interesting evaluation. You forgot to add that he hit Magnussen when trying to overtake him too, also brilliant?

Lol, right?

On the contrary, both Ferrari drivers drove superbly, but their race was ruined, once again, by poor strategy. They misjudged tyre consumption, so they called Charles in too early; then they called Seb in too late, and without him refusing to comply, he would never have finished second. On the last races, Ferrari seemed to have improved strategy-wise, but this gp saw a return to the previous mediocrity. Binotto keeps saying, "we have to be perfect...." Yeah, right.

Well, to be fair, they have improved massively since the summer break. I don't think they got it all that wrong, it's just Mercedes took a pretty big risk by stopping HAM early (and only once) and the gamble paid off.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be fair, they have improved massively since the summer break. I don't think they got it all that wrong, it's just Mercedes took a pretty big risk by stopping HAM early (and only once) and the gamble paid off.

I'm not talking about the car, which has obviously improved a lot and is now quite competitive. My point is that most of times, Mercedes have better strategies (and probably, better strategists). When they take risks, they are usually right.

I remember vivdly the times when Ross Brawn, before establishing his own F1 team (then proceeding to earn a few millions at FIA), was strategist for Ferrari in the Schumacher era. He was an absolute master at fooling the rival teams into believing that Ferrari was going to do certain things, then catch them off guard by doing something completely different. Nobody at that level of genius has ever worked for Ferrari since, or for any other team for that matter.

Of course, having Schumi at the wheel helped a bit too...... :D

And...

....another 1-2 for Mercedes. Surprise. Glad Bottas got the win, although the excitement felt a little artificial, what with the different tires. Still, he made it happen with his pole lap (track record) and he didn't put a foot wrong on race day.

Great comeback from Albon as well.

Hamilton is a six-time World Champion. Unbelievable.

Bottas had great racepace and i was so happy for Ricciardio.

What i do find concerning is the mist surrounding Ferrari.

We all know how Ferrari had a sudden drop of form last year when their dual battery trick was discovered.

And now it does seem weird how much pace they lost in Cota .... even taking into consideration the different track, older engine (Leclerc) and focus on down force.

Like Toto Wolff said today,.... their graphics about Ferrari performance looked totally different to the previous races.

If Ferrari still has mediocre pace in the last two races, Fia should consider some form of point penalty instead of repeating the rules and how we all have to abide in those without getting into detail whatsoever..... let alone confronting the mighty Ferrari.

Well I am not a fan of the FIA interfering, their decision on Renault not breaching the rules with their automated brake bias but breaching the "vibe" is BS. Ferrari gets preferential treatment, investigating why they stuffed up would be pointless. If they were stretching the rules in the previous races at least it gave us more interesting racing and has not impacted on Mercedes season. Red Bull may not see it that way though.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Well I am not a fan of the FIA interfering, their decision on Renault not breaching the rules with their automated brake bias but breaching the "vibe" is BS. Ferrari gets preferential treatment, investigating why they stuffed up would be pointless. If they were stretching the rules in the previous races at least it gave us more interesting racing and has not impacted on Mercedes season. Red Bull may not see it that way though.

True , it would have been a borefest without the races where Ferrari dominated at least in quali..

But if FIA does not 'up the ante" there is no guarantee we will see this trickery re-emerge next year.

Redbull did it years ago with bypassing / corrupting the fuel consumption readings.... it must have been familiar territory given their outspoken comments towards Ferrari.

I hope next year Ferrari, Mercedes and Redbull are more or less equall..... may the best driver win.

There are at least a handfull of tracks (Monaco, Australia, Singapore etc.) where pole positions is a certain win and a 'one lap" overspeed because of stretching certain rules should be carefully monitored by FIA.

• 2 weeks later...
That was nuts. Maybe F1 should take one from NASCAR's playbook and start putting the safety car out there "for debris"! :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Honda 1 and 2, Renault 3rd on the podium. Hope the winter development doesn't ruin there being at least 4 teams capable of winning in Melbourne in March.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P