Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil Forte V4.0 is live ...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"ve installed the update and it was a great excuse to get some new Dave Weiser sounds and PC4 presets into the Forte. This keyboard is such a beast and sounds great.

I haven"t figured out how to load the DX7 SysEx files yet. I was kind of hoping to just install the OS and magically find the DX7 factory set or some great FM presets but I have to do some work on that. So far so good. Haven"t spent much time with it but it seems stable.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Be sure to drop by the Forte users group on Facebook... A few do-gooders there have posted files, including the 100+ new FM presets from the PC4 (same FM engine as v4.0) as well as classic DX stuff. I believe the PC4 FM programs are at around #1100 in the larger factory sound set.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kurzweilfortegroup/

Yup. I have picked up the 100 PC4 FM presets and classic DX7 set off of Mastering VAST. Sounds great. Just getting into it. Nice pads. Everything else sounds pretty authentic to a DX7. Moreso than my FM8 or Dexed plug ins. I'm going to get my use out of them. I can't believe how much value and usability I have gotten from this investment and how playable everything is.

Have I ever mentioned on this forum how great the Forte is? Just buy one already.

Jeff

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Love my Forte, and I still can't find anything that appeals to me more as a hammer action master for my second studio space. I'll wait through Spring next year for announcements but I won't be at all surprised if another Forte fills that gap.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass